Bumped into

Topic's about Some new game by EA
JPistol
Forum User

Bumped into

Post by JPistol »

Was nice to cross paths with two of your members last night. AlbieDamned and Bigjohnson. Played a round of Titan.
JPistol
Forum User

Post by JPistol »

Had tried VoIP to say hello.
[JiF]Stepovich
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Stepovich »

Sorry I missed you...I was on another
server, avoiding Albie and BigJ ;)

This is embarrassing...I don't even know...
what key do you use to speak on VOIP?
“If a conservative is a liberal who's been mugged,
a liberal is a conservative who's been arrested”
- Thomas Wolfe.
[JiF]AlbieDamned
Forum User

Post by [JiF]AlbieDamned »

Yeah, I was commanding and I saw you. You were leading a squad of 1 :). You did a nice job defending that one flag for most of the game, and you actually came back and repaired my commander equipment when I asked! I did try talking to you over the in-game VOIP, but you didn't respond. Which probably means I wasn't doing it right. As commander, I thought you just selected the squad from the squad list and then pressed the regular push-to-talk button to speak to the leader. I think that's what I did, but who knows.

I'll add you to my buddy list tonight. I play as AlbieDammed (they wouldn't let me use damned so I switched the n to an m).
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Post by [JiF][AARP]Grimp »

Ya, they always play on servers with no room. Whats up with that :?: :wink:
They probably have VoIP off and are on the TS server.
[JiF]AlbieDamned
Forum User

I am on TS. I use both. I have one push-to-talk button for TS, and another for in-game. It does get confusing at times.
[JiF]Stepovich
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Stepovich »

So which is the voip key in the original setup?
[JiF]AlbieDamned
Forum User

I don't remember. I switched it to the ./Del key on the numpad, so it's easy to get to with my mouse hand. For TS, I use one of the thumb buttons on my mouse.
JPistol
Forum User

Post by JPistol »

Default VoIP Keys are:
V for Squad
B for Command

Silo one was busy for sure. When I lossed it. Spawn back at main for hardware. Since was Engi made use of my time back there.

Once units get stuck on Titan D. Is hard to hold them silos. There isn't enough incentive.
[JiF]rIot
Forum User

Post by [JiF]rIot »

Everytime I go on to play w/ you guys theres only one person on the buddy list and their just chillin out, never in a game! (or the game is full)
[JiF]AlbieDamned
Forum User

JPistol wrote:Default VoIP Keys are:
V for Squad
B for Command

Silo one was busy for sure. When I lossed it. Spawn back at main for hardware. Since was Engi made use of my time back there.

Once units get stuck on Titan D. Is hard to hold them silos. There isn't enough incentive.
That's when you're a squad leader, right? When you're in a squad, you can't talk to the commander only to your squad. And when you're commander, you can't talk to entire squads just the leaders. At least that's how I think it works.
[JiF]Stepovich
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Stepovich »

JPistol wrote:Default VoIP Keys are:
V for Squad
B for Command

Interesting point that...
Seems like the teams that win in Titan mode are the ones that manage to hold/gain the silos and keep up a sustained presense on the enemies titan.
Seems like everyone forgets about the silos when the enemy titan's shields go down...
“If a conservative is a liberal who's been mugged,
a liberal is a conservative who's been arrested”
- Thomas Wolfe.
JPistol
Forum User

Post by JPistol »

Correct.

B for Command is VoIP only between the Squad Leader and the Commander. When the Commander talks it is broadcasted to all SLs. When the SL talks only the Commander hears the SL.
[JiF]AlbieDamned
Forum User

JPistol wrote:Correct.

B for Command is VoIP only between the Squad Leader and the Commander. When the Commander talks it is broadcasted to all SLs. When the SL talks only the Commander hears the SL.
Ok, I think the V command is what I remapped to ./Del on the numpad. I've never used B. So when I press ./Del while I'm Commander, who am I talking to? The leader of the selected squad? All squad leaders? No one? I know when I'm in a squad or squad leader and I press ./Del, I'm talking to my squad, cause I've actually had conversations that way. Unless the conversations are in my head. Step! Help me!
JPistol
Forum User

Post by JPistol »

I try not to let it bother me to much. Wont kid ya, it will at times if I get into the I wan'a win mode.

Most of the time when people are online. They are on only to earn points and work their badges, especially those who don't have much time to play. Not going to be able to pull PUB player off the Titan if they are working for their Titan Defence badge. I've been like that and will be like that time to time for the ones I still want to work for.