Now I feel really stupid

Topic's about Some new game by EA
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Now I feel really stupid

Post by [JiF][AARP]Grimp »

Well after playing 2142 for a while I was getting POed at leaders putting spawns way up on things that I could not get down from without a parachute.
I would jump off and push the parachute key fall and die. So I figured it was something you had to get as an ad-on or was for a particular class of player like sniper that I never play. Well it just turns out I have been pushing the wrong key all the time without bothering to look at the key setup. Apparently the default parachute key is the space bar. I got stuck on the side of a Titan several times where I could not in the titan so I just jumped to my death.
I can't wait to get home and jump off something now. I feel soooo stupid.
[JiF]Lonewolf
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lonewolf »

Hey Grimp, the parachute key is the spacebar by default. :lol:
You must be young and stupid before you can be old and wise.
[JiF]AlbieDamned
Forum User

Post by [JiF]AlbieDamned »

What's the jump key?
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Darn it forgot Albie does not have it yet. I should have not posted the parachute thing so he could have the joy of plunging to his death a few times also.
I think the jump key is the space bar too. Funny when I have to think about it I am not really sure.
[JiF]AlbieDamned
Forum User

Post by [JiF]AlbieDamned »

[JiF][AARP]Grimp wrote:Darn it forgot Albie does not have it yet. I should have not posted the parachute thing so he could have the joy of plunging to his death a few times also.
I think the jump key is the space bar too. Funny when I have to think about it I am not really sure.
I guess it would make sense to reuse the same key for both, since you can't jump while you're falling.

By the way I'll probably get the game next week. My father is coming into town today and staying with us through the weekend, but after that I should have time. He's in for quite a system shock. He's coming from Tucson. It's supposed to get down to 12 tonight here in Baltimore.
[JiF]Stepovich
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Stepovich »

God that's embarrassing...
I didn't know that either...I just figured you needed a pod to jump or
something :oops:

I jumped off a building last night pressing 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9 9...splat!
“If a conservative is a liberal who's been mugged,
a liberal is a conservative who's been arrested”
- Thomas Wolfe.
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Ya, that was my other excuse. Thought I needed a pod :D

I can think several times I rode the wild pod up to a Titan and hit the side only to 99999999999999999999 my way down to death :D
Oh and pod up and hit the bottom of the Titan, I am pretty sure the pod stayed intact when I hit the bottom so I could ride it back down.
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Come to think of it I have not seen a parachute many times when playing. There are probably a lot of players 9ing to death :D

I just thought of another situation. I could never figure out how to get out of the Titan when it blows up so I would just jump off if I could find my way out and do a 9 plunge of death. I actually tried to wait on the edge until I thought the Titan was gonna go and jump hoping it would blow up and end the game before I hit the ground. It never worked :roll:
[JiF]Stepovich
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Stepovich »

:lol:

It's not like it really matters if you get off the Titan at the end.
You don't get a death or anything right?

Seriously though, I don't think I've EVER seen a parachute on that game!
Glad I'm not the only tard out there ;)
- Thomas Wolfe.
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

I dunno if it matters or not, I hear the alarm and run. Years of government training just take over and I abandon ship :D
[JiF]KellysHero
Forum User

Post by [JiF]KellysHero »

EA/Dice has been switching commands since '42. In '42 you jumped seat positions by hitting the '1' '2' '3' etc... keys. In BF2, it switched to the F1, F2, etc... (might have that backwards). It would be nice if they kept things consistent and I wouldn't have to load a different profile for my Nostromo.
You've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?
[JiF]Stepovich
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Stepovich »

Indeed.
It took me a long time with BF2 to get used to the new commands.
Then I stopped playing and have been playing '42 and the add ons.

Playing both 2142 and Vanilla during the same period can really
mess you up.
- Thomas Wolfe.
[JiF]Sandretzky
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Sandretzky »

I went through the parachute thing too. I never mentioned it because of embarassment. Yes jump and chute are spacebar. My problem now is going back to the nilla server and hitting shift while running. I not only run to hide but I hit the shift key(which slows me down)so the enemy has a nice easy shot. :lol: Was there ever a sprint button on 1942?
WHO ME?
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Don't think so. I do the same thing. Just slows ya down :D
[JiF]Lonewolf
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lonewolf »

When the Titan is destroyed and your on it if you can make it out and bail off and then land on the ground safely and start running away you should get a Titan survival pin. I'm not sure of the overall situation that is needed but I have gotten a few Titan survival pins.

The times I have gotten mine was when I was on the enemy Titan when it was destroyed. I'm not sure if you have be in any certain place inside then make it out and down safely or what.

Also if your in a transport ship or the titan is high enough up you can jump and immediately open your chute you can get your halo pin. You need around 10 seconds of chute time to get it I think it is.
You must be young and stupid before you can be old and wise.