Re-installing XP

Speaks for itself
Gnome-father
Forum User

Re-installing XP

Post by Gnome-father »

Ok, I booted the old PC yesterday to transfer some images and my Minecraft save. Then something similar to this happens.

I try running the PC in Safemode after many boots, but the same thing happens no matter what startup option I choose, so I can't see if there's a driver that causes the issue.
Then I tried booting up from the XP-CD to repair the XP installation, but when Windows should show the previously installed XP's the Repair button is gone!

What's wrong, and what should I do? I really want to recover those images and my Minecraft save, though I got an older version of the save on a flash drive. There isn't a very big difference, except that I found many diamonds in a cave that I may never find again on the save on the old PC.

You experts out there probably know what happens if I press Enter instead of Repair)
[JiF]major confusion
Forum User

Re: Re-installing XP

Post by [JiF]major confusion »

I had this problem once. I had to use CHKDSK. It can be run from Windows Recovery Console. It fixed an error on the hard disk.
"You can't say civilization isn't advancing; in every war they kill you in a new way."
Will Rogers
Image[url=steam://friends/add/'.76561198080391609.']Image[/url]
Gnome-father
Forum User

Re: Re-installing XP

Post by Gnome-father »

[JiF]major confusion wrote:I had this problem once. I had to use CHKDSK. It can be run from Windows Recovery Console. It fixed an error on the hard disk.
Haha! I fixed it!

Well, Major. You were late I'm sorry. :sad:

Goddamn aggy keyboaaad :shoot: :shoot: anyone know how tofix hiiiiiiii?