CIV IV

A place to talk about games in general
[JiF]Pvt. Harrick
Forum User

CIV IV

Post by [JiF]Pvt. Harrick »

Anybody play Civilization 4 online? if so tell me the name and i'll add ya to buddy list, and for those of you that dont, CIV is like a giant tactics game, you are able to be your own country and have special units, as well as wars with other nations, new technologies to be dicovered. Really cool game check it out, you can go throughout history and into future in the game, you can even drop ICBMs(Nukes) on your enemies, TRY IT!
"It is well that war is so terrible, or we should grow too fond of it."
[JiF]Brick
Forum User

Re: CIV IV

Post by [JiF]Brick »

I used to play the stand-alone version.
Might have to give it a try.
How recent is V4?
[JiF]Pvt. Harrick
Forum User

I may be wrong, but V4 is the most recent, I haven't got time to look up right now, I'll find it later
[JiF]Uncle Stinky
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Uncle Stinky »

I still remmeber going into an Egghead store and buying the original Civ lo many years ago, and being immediately hooked on the game. It is one fantastic franchise. Sid Meier also did one called Alpha Centauri -- kind of Civ on another planet, with an alien menace and various colinial factions -- that was great as well.
[JiF]Flying Tiger
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Flying Tiger »

CIV IV is a rather old game, in fact the last time I was at Target they had the whole series bundled for $9.99. I had I believe CIV II and it was alright but then I discovered Battlefield. :D

I believe that LtStarBuck and his wife Meko left our little slice of heaven to play CIV IV from what I recall and I haven't seen them here since, so they may very well be still engrossed in it.

FT
[JiF]Brick
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Brick »

[JiF]Flying Tiger wrote: I believe that LtStarBuck and his wife Meko left our little slice of heaven to play CIV IV from what I recall and I haven't seen them here since, so they may very well be still engrossed in it.
FT

Yea, now that you mention that, I remember.
Wonder if they will ever be back?

I am almost afraid I might get "sucked into" a new game.
I spend enough time on BF42, but could not give it up entirely. There not enough hours in a day to do both :zzz:
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Post by [JiF]zougathefist »

Are you talking Civ on the PC? or a console

I have a mate who plays on the PC, I'll find out what his ID is and let ya know

Also does anyone play BF2 anymore? some friends of mine play and wanted me to join em but I have not heard great things about it
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal!
-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula

[JiF]Blind Trooper
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Blind Trooper »

I wasn't fond of BF2 mostly because of the sheer power of aircraft and the speed everyone moved. It bugged me, which is why I loved BF2142. Air power is way reduced and everyone moves at better speeds. And they have the Mechwarrior knock off ^____^
"We are about to witness the inverse relationship between the number of answers you give me and the number of times I stab you." ~BM

[JiF]Pvt. Harrick
Forum User

O no my thread has been hijacked! Yea I meant on the PC, and I play a bit of BF2, it's not the greatest game, however its like a mix of BF42 and BF2142, just not quite as much of a variety of maps or weapons, but its somewhat entertaining

-- Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:24 pm --

UPDATE:
Civilization 4 is the latest, however, there will be a civilization 5 in the fall this year: http://www.civilization5.com/

-- Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:39 pm --

UPDATE: Civ 4 is newest, but Civ 5 in fall will hold that title: http://www.civilization5.com/