Feeling nostalgic

Topics about EA's Battlefield 1942 game
[JiF]Bort
New User

Feeling nostalgic

Post by [JiF]Bort »

Was playing some plane game on the wii earlier involving ww2 style dogfights at a friends house and I got nostalgic for the days of BF1942.

If I had it installed, or had any idea where my BF42 cds were I would probably take it for a run... if I didn't also have class tomorrow and homework to do. This should be my last year of school and then I might have to play a little again.

How are things going for everybody?

Like I said, I'm about to get my bachelors degree (network engineering -- from Johnson & Wales in P town) hopefully. Landed a girlfriend a little while back, and although money has been a huge issue (anybody know anyone looking for a capable all around computer guy in the northeast CT / mass along 395 corridor / northern RI area ?) My availability and commutability is limited greatly by school obligations.. so ya, that's causing an issue.

Hows everyone else doing?
Beej --- you still around?
Thos?
Shuckerow?
[JiF]Brick
Forum User

Re: Feeling nostalgic

Post by [JiF]Brick »

Welcome back Bort.
You are a legend around here.
Now we know you really exist :shock:

Find those CD's and come back an give us some flying lessons!
[JiF]FrenchAfroman
Forum User

Post by [JiF]FrenchAfroman »

shockerow play a lil about 4-6 month back but wasnt on since then and beej plays every once in a while but i think i saw him last week
If we make prisons a living hell for them, then we might just be sending out devils once they are released. Cruel methods to achieve discipline are a thing of the past! So, keep on dancing! Byron F. Garcia.
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

Bort

You've got to dust those cds off. We've heard so much about your flying talents, it would be great to see you in action.
We do not see much of those chaps from the old days, but there is a good crowd of new fodder for you! :lol:
Hope to see you out there soon, oh & make sure you get Tissue to set you up on TS as well so you can taunt us.
[JiF]Sgt Shellshocked
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Sgt Shellshocked »

Hi Bort,
Welcome back , you may also like to try the new BG mod (BG = Battlegroup) it's got some great planes to fly and we have our very own JiF BG server. Have a look in the BG42 forum for download/installation instructions. :)
[JiF]Mentat
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Mentat »

I still have nightmares... good to see you still kickin' around.
[JiF]Sgt Shellshocked
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Sgt Shellshocked »

If Bort and Gib are dogfighting then maybe life will be a bit safer on the ground for the PBI :)
Sir Die-a-lot
Forum User

Post by Sir Die-a-lot »

Just hope they do not end up on the same team !
[JiF]Bort
New User

Post by [JiF]Bort »

Well, I'm still 2 terms away from being done with school so nobody will probably see me playing anything online any time soon. I was playing a little TF2 over the summer.... until my summer class started - but I have a self imposed rule about no video games when there is schoolwork to be done. Thing is there always seems to be schoolwork to be done.
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Post by [JiF][AARP]Grimp »

Flashbacks of making my job to find a flak cannon or a building to hide in are coming back!!!
The mad aerial bomber from hell has come back to haunt us.
Oh well back to therapy :)

Good to hear you’re still around. Congrats on school.