Training Server

Topics about EA's Battlefield 1942 game
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Training Server

Post by [JiF]Mike »

I'm going to setup a training server with some of the training maps that are available. This server will be a low player server, like 6-8 people. So if you have any training maps you wanna suggest let me know and I'll put them on it. When I get it all setup I'll post the IP.
ImageImage
[JiF]Kyle
Forum User

Re: Training Server

Post by [JiF]Kyle »

This sounds like a good idea, I apprechiate that.
[JiF]Mike wrote:So if you have any training maps you wanna suggest let me know and I'll put them on it.
Since I don't know any training maps however I can't make precise suggestions. But I'd like to have a nice mixed bag so there will be something in it for every need.
"I divide the world into two kinds of people: those who like me - and those who can got to hell..."
[JiF]Djsmg
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Djsmg »

Zouga had posted a link to this map in the How to use Arty tutorial that he created in this section. Its a decent map for artillery training.

Here is the link to the map on fileplanet (account required).

http://www.fileplanet.com/135461/downlo ... y-Training
I have decided to produce and sell a strong alcoholic drink called "Responsibly".
That way everyone in the country can get wasted drinking Responsibly.
And all the other drinks makers will be advertising for me on their cans with the slogan "please drink Responsibly".
Probably will annoy the government as well.
[JiF]Flying Tiger

Post by [JiF]Flying Tiger »

Hmmm, I guess it's back to school for me then LOL!!! :lol:
[JiF]corn
Forum User

Post by [JiF]corn »

Let me know when you are training and i'll be a target :lol:
[JiF]Djsmg
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Djsmg »

I found some other ones on File Planet that might be interesting, but I thought I would try them out before recommending them.
I have decided to produce and sell a strong alcoholic drink called "Responsibly".
And all the other drinks makers will be advertising for me on their cans with the slogan "please drink Responsibly".
Sir Die-a-lot
Forum User

Post by Sir Die-a-lot »

[JiF]cannedcorn007 wrote:Let me know when you are training and i'll be a target :lol:
Yeah, shoot the can on the fence over there xx
[JiF]Kyle
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Kyle »

[JiF]Djsmg wrote:I found some other ones on File Planet that might be interesting, but I thought I would try them out before recommending them.
Alright, just give us a list of your favorites then. 8)
"I divide the world into two kinds of people: those who like me - and those who can got to hell..."
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Post by [JiF]zougathefist »

If you guys want a training map I am sure I can make one up
Like a flat plain with all of the BF planes spawned in at an AF, then some tanks etc spread out as targets
Or I could build a Firing range for shooting practice,

There is already the Arty training and there is a Tank trainer that I have on my other comp,
Theres a good map called Battle of the Atlantic, it is all sea and has all of the boats, BBs DDs ACs PTs and Subs
Its good if you have a bunch of ppl on it.

Give me a shout if you have any ideas

ZtF
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal!
-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula

[JiF]Kyle
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Kyle »

Training grounds for tank shooting and sea map for ships would be nice. But in case you're making a new one for tanks etc., I'd recommend to have some hills and trees and stuff on it since the "real" battlefield is not plain and empty either. And I personally would also like to have an open one with some vegetation, watch towers and hills for sniping. Not especially for gaming practice but for fun, it's not that important in real game.

Thanks in advance!
[JiF]Djsmg
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Djsmg »

Here is a file found on File Planet - Dead Presidents Boot Camp.
DP Bootcamp is a all-in-one training map for Battlefield 1942. It serves as a platform to efficiently improve playing skills and is very useful to both competitive teams and individuals.

DP Boot camp is meant to be used as an all-in-one training map for both clans and individual players. It isolates certain skills in order to improve them more efficiently than on a regular map. Its best to play the map in sections, practicing one thing at a time, or split up in small groups and play in different sections. Recommended spawn time is 3 seconds with max tickets.

Here is a rundown of the different sections of the map:

-Allied Airfield(NE corner), Axis Airfield(SW corner): Every plane in the game are at the airfields(even JU88) and have a spawn time of 5 seconds.

-Tank/Anti-tank firing range(SE corner): The purpose of the tank range is to practice ballistic trajectory in an unstressful situation so it can be learned easier. Targets are lined up at increasing distances. There is also a trail around the range to practice shooting on the move. Every tank is available, ammo is unlimited, spawn is 5 sec.

-Tank battle simulation(NW of tank range): After the tank range you can try your skills against others in a more realistic enviornment. Spawn points are at the Allied and Axis tank bases, the object is to capture the flag on the bridge. There are defguns located at the bases to practice firing artillery if you wish to.

-Bombing Field(N side): Scattered on the north side of the map are tanks, APCs, and flak guns to practice bombing targets. The most difficult skill to learn is bombing accurately on a consistent basis. In team practice, the flak guns can be manned in order to practice AA gunning and AA avoidance. This is probably the most useful section of the map.

-Town airspace(center): To practice dogfighting, there is a flag with a large radius high above the town that can be captured in mid-air. The object is to hold this flag from enemy fighters. Once captured, it unlocks a spawn point at the jeep race. Note: The flag has no collision mesh so you wont crash into it.

-Town(center of map): The town is for training clans for urban combat situations. The object is to take and hold both flags on the island in between the river. One flag has ammo, the other has health, and there is more than one way onto the island.

-Jeep Track(NW corner): I've seen too many people crash and burn in jeeps so I added a jeep racing track to improve driving skills. It's also fun with clanmates. You'll also notice the huge jump and general "playground" area- that's because all work and no play makes jack a dull boy :)
If you think you would like to add it to the collection, here is the link

http://www.fileplanet.com/144981/140000 ... -Boot-Camp
[JiF]Djsmg
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Djsmg »

BF1942 - Pilot Training Map Details
This map was spacifically designed for clans to train pilots on. It includes all allied and axis planes available in the original Battlefield 1942 stock maps

This map was specifically designed for clans to train pilots on. . It also includes 4 control points. By capturing these points, the instructor can offer pilots silhouettes of every vehicle in the game for them to practice identifying and killing them in different terrain settings, including bridges. In addition, an allied battle fleet has been placed for practice in various approaches and bombing techniques at sea. The central bombing range features four anti-aircraft positions to add pressure to your pilots as they become more proficient.

The map is packaged as an executable file, containing a detailed readme as to the intended method of training on the map.
The link for this one is http://www.fileplanet.com/134339/130000 ... aining-Map
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

[JiF]Djsmg wrote:Here is a file found on File Planet - Dead Presidents Boot Camp.

DP Bootcamp is a all-in-one training map for Battlefield 1942. It serves as a platform to efficiently improve playing skills and is very useful to both competitive teams and individuals.

If you think you would like to add it to the collection, here is the link

http://www.fileplanet.com/144981/140000 ... -Boot-Camp
Ha DJ
I was gonna link to this one but it has a problem in that it is trying to be all thing to all men,
So if you have 3/4 players online and 2 want to train air and 2 tanks then it splirts people up on the map, That was why I suggested individual maps 1 for tanks, 1 for air, 1 for sea etc...

KYLE- There is a good map for sniping practice, but it is conq only, no bots so you need a friend to play
http://www.fileplanet.com/131407/130000 ... iled-Hills

ZtF
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula

[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

The server is setup with those 2 maps atm. I am however having trouble connecting when dp boot camp is running. I load about half way and crash to the desktop. I'm guessing it's a Vista thing. :( It runs fine when I start it locally. Have to do some more experimenting I guess. Here's is the IP

69.161.76.217 - [JiF] Training Jar

I have changed the settings quite a bit since it's training. Friendly fire is now set to 100% so you can blow each other up, and I have disabled the autokick for negative score. I've also maxed the ticket ratio and removed the time limit on the maps. If you want another map connect with bfrm and change it. All permissions remain the same as they are on the pot luck server. Just create a new entry for this server.

I will create a new entry in the maps section for downloading these maps.
ImageImage
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Awesome work Mike
\thanks
-Nietzsche

-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula