CQ/COOP Schedule

Topics about EA's Battlefield 1942 game
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

CQ/COOP Schedule

Post by [JiF]Mike »

It's been brought up in another thread that we should cut but the coop hours seeing as the server is getting busier. So after looking at the player numbers I've changed it to 12:00PM EST. Keep in mind that this does not mean the CQ cycle will take effect right at noon, it just means that the server will swap out the cycles starting at noon, so by 1:00PM the CQ cycle should be active. It takes a few maps changes.
ImageImage
[JiF]DispDave
Forum User

Re: CQ/COOP Schedule

Post by [JiF]DispDave »

Any idea why the Server was COOP last night and most of the day?
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

It isn't perfect. :) More of a work around than anything, but it'll work most of the time.
ImageImage
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

So it appears this isn't working quite as well as I would like. I have another option but I wanted to get feedback about it.

I can have the server actually restart at 1pm to change the map cycle to CQ, and then again at 2 or 3 AM to go back to COOP. However this would disconnect everyone at these times for the restart. It would be quick and there is a message sent every few minutes before it happens, but what do you guys think?
ImageImage
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

Mike

I guess the best way is to analyse the gametracker usage stats & see when we have the quiet periods.
You're never really going to get a good time due to the time difference between USA & Europe. 1pm your time is 7pm European. The other time of 2 or 3am fits in perfectly looking at the graph & from past experience. When I play before work at 8.30am GMT (3.30am EST) there is usually hardly anyone around.
I would be tempted to say make the switch in the afternoon earlier. With the increased popularity of the server there is actually less need for the coop period so make it at say 11am EST (which should be 5pm Euro time)
[JiF]War Trophy
Forum User

Post by [JiF]War Trophy »

[JiF]Mike wrote:... this would disconnect everyone at these times for the restart. It would be quick and there is a message sent every few minutes before it happens, but what do you guys think?
I could happily live with a quick disconnection.
We know people generally hate being suddenly disconnected, but if it means a smoother transition from co-op to conquest, then it's a better option than having people disconnect in frustration when one map repeats itself continually. And it'll be easier on admin if it solves the repetition issues.
As well as having an in-game warning, perhaps also mention it on the start-up screen? (where the rules and comments are shown)
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

We'll give this a try. I've set the server to shutdown at 12:00PM EST and restart again with CQ maps 30 seconds later. I will put a message in the rules about this happening at that time.
ImageImage
[JiF]lini
Forum User

Post by [JiF]lini »

I wouldn't mind a quick disconnect, either. Actually, sometimes even the unwanted map crash induced disconnects can be quite useful for getting rid of afk slot hoggers without any further interaction...

Greetings from Munich!

Manfed / lini
Lonewolf-McQuade
Forum User

Post by Lonewolf-McQuade »

Last night we went from 25/40 to 8/40 on a crash or switch-up. People just changed servers or went to bed or something.. and of course Gazala loaded right afterwards... lol.