Dead Critters

A place to talk about any Non-Political topics that are on your mind. Keep it clean please.
[JiF][AARP]Tissueman

Dead Critters

Post by [JiF][AARP]Tissueman »

Some of you may remember my saga in the past couple of years with the dead animal rotting under the old concrete steps under my deck. The first time it happed Mr. Possom was kind enough to leave a curled tail sticking out and I was able to pull him out. The second time Mr. Whatever was so far under I couldn't reach it. Jimbo was kind enough to suggest expandable insulating foam. I used two cans and foamed the sucker in there sealing in the odor. Then I chicken wired around the steps to keep critters from living under the steps.

Last night my wife complained about the odor in the kitchen. I have a very poor sense of smell so I didn't notice anything odd. She emptied the trash and decided it was probably the melon ripening. Today I went into the basement where we always smell dead things under the deck the most and noticed the odor. I went under the deck and found Mr. Rabbit in a bad state of repair. He had lots of friendly maggots working on him. Mr. Rabbit is now safely stored in a plastic bag. He is standing by waiting for the trash pick up on Mon. Just to be safe, I moved the trash can out of the garage. It seals very well, but why take chances.

I think under my deck must be like the mythical elephant graveyard where elephants were thought to go to die. All the local critters must find it fashionable to pass on under my deck. Perhaps it is a little animal hospice. So that was my excitement today.
Ensuring the security of Western Democracy through superior tissue products.
[JiF]ALargeWoodenBadger
Forum User

Re: Dead Critters

Post by [JiF]ALargeWoodenBadger »

Ahhhhh, the joys of home ownership. You know if you used the expanding foam to seal your nose you would never have to worry about dead critters again. :)
"Oh god, I've never been so happy to be beaten up by a woman"
Captain Zapp Brannigan
[JiF]EA
JiF Member

Post by [JiF]EA »

This story would be a good made for TV movie on animal planet or something like that.
I'm working on solving the gas crisis.
[JiF]LtWaterboy
Forum User

Post by [JiF]LtWaterboy »

[JiF][AARP]Tissueman wrote: I think under my deck must be like the mythical elephant graveyard where elephants were thought to go to die. All the local critters must find it fashionable to pass on under my deck. Perhaps it is a little animal hospice. So that was my excitement today.
Did you find Mr. Elephant, too?? :shock:

8) LT
[JiF][AARP]Tissueman

Post by [JiF][AARP]Tissueman »

[JiF]ALargeWoodenBadger wrote:Ahhhhh, the joys of home ownership. You know if you used the expanding foam to seal your nose you would never have to worry about dead critters again. :)
Tissuema'am laughed and laughed when I told her what you posted. :D
Ensuring the security of Western Democracy through superior tissue products.
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Post by [JiF][AARP]Grimp »

Mice, rats and squirrels love foam :shock: They will chew it into little bits and use it for nesting :D

This is expandable foam made to look like a rock to hide a geocache.
All the crap beside it on the left is foam mice chipped off it.