Bumped into

Topic's about Some new game by EA
JPistol
Forum User

Post by JPistol »

AlbieDamned when you press your bind ./Del you can only talk to units in your squad. You will have to re-bind a key for Command (default B key) if you wish to speek to all SL. Command comm. is general and goes out to all sqauds. So if you want a specific squad to do something then ya need to "Squad One, need you to cut them off at the pass."
[JiF]Stepovich
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Stepovich »

On another tangent...
I've encountered a few squads where they were using
voip to be highly organized- last night I was on a
full squad with about 3-4 members of some clan (I can't
remember which)- the squad leader was hyper-organized;
which kits we should all have, positioning everyone,
coordinating with the commander for strikes...it was a
blast, highest score I've had in a while.
Mind boggling how he fought so well while keeping track of
every squad members whereabouts, constantly issuing
commands- they must practice daily. :shock:
[JiF]AlbieDamned
Forum User

Post by [JiF]AlbieDamned »

Smuckers, Sandy, and I had a squad going last night. And Smuckers got the bright idea of suggesting that we each take different kits instead of all being the same kit. It was the most organized JiF effort I've seen in, well, maybe ever!
JPistol
Forum User

Post by JPistol »

Practice daily is the only way.

The factions that do best are often the sides that have the most clan members in squads. Remember playing a conquest game where the other faction had three clans. Each in their own squad. It was BRUTAL to say the least. All I could do is bend over and say "Thank you Sir, may I have another."
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Post by [JiF][AARP]Grimp »

So, can a squad leader point out a position for each squad member or does he just tell them via VoIP?
JPistol
Forum User

Post by JPistol »

Grimp, by VoIP.

You can use the issue command button in the command radio and get the move beacon. Use VoIP and that together can work out well at times.
[JiF]rIot
Forum User

Post by [JiF]rIot »

there is no better feeling that having a well organized squad leader, and most of all an efficiant comminicative commander. I was in one of those type of groups one time and found it to be the most efficient and enjoying gaming experience I've had in 2142!
JPistol
Forum User

Post by JPistol »

NOTE: Squads to not earn points on the Move command. Attack or Defence only, and they are only aplicable to control points, silos and Titans.

I'm uncertain if squad points can be earn if activity is done in the presence of the SL.
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Post by [JiF][AARP]Grimp »

Ya I know you can place a move beacon for the whole squad. You can't for individual squad members though, correct?
JPistol
Forum User

Post by JPistol »

Grimp,

Nope, nothing for single units. That is where good communication comes in like rIot has mention.
JPistol
Forum User

Post by JPistol »

The thing with a lot of practice with the same people day in day out. You end developing a system and less less communication is needed. Helping to keep comms more clear and percise.

In RTS, my friend and I have played a lot of StarCraft: Broodwars back in the days. We played so much together that at LAN parties we never had to even talk to each other.
[JiF]Lonewolf
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lonewolf »

I play Titan mode all the time and have tried the conquest mode a time or two but I seem to have the most fun on Merlincats servers along with some of the MFH guys (Merlincats members). Those guys use the VoIP and TS and seem to be well organized when playing. I was on one night when one of the MFH guys was a commander and there was 2 squads with an MFH guy as SL for each squad with a selection of MFH guys in each SQ. I was on the tank squad and we got 3 tanks filled them full and went silo to silo capturing them. The other squad was all ground pounders of different classes and they defended the silos did repairs to the tanks and what ever else was needed. I have never seen a bunch of guys be so effective as the MFH crew when they get together like that.

We would capture the silos and then the other SQ would defend them and then when the sheild of the enemy titan went down then 3 SQ members from each SQ went to the enemy titan will the others held the silos and it was a deadly combo. We went for several rounds like that and we just cleaned house everytime as the Commander and the SL's were so organized and sent orders that made sense. They always use a combo of the command radio and the VoIP as a few of use wasn't on TS. They would assign numbers to the tank SQ so to make it quick and simple to say T1,T2 or T3 you need to so and so. That night was the only night I have played and only died like 4 or 5 times total the whole night. That is one team that makes use of every available option the game offers and they use it to their advantage.
You must be young and stupid before you can be old and wise.
[JiF]Smuckers
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Smuckers »

I am not a fan of the Merlincats server anymore. The ability of the commander being able to place his titan anywhere on the map is gone. A well placed titan can and often does win the game.
JPistol
Forum User

Post by JPistol »

I understand the pains in the Titan MOD. In PUB situation, never know what to expect. Yet sometimes if I don't have a Titan raining down on me. I get bored. :D

In most cases though, once the Titan guns are taken out. They stay out of commission or can be take out commission again quite quickly. The game is about teamwork, yet rute basics is about rock, paper, scissors (classes, weapon, vehicals, tools/equipment).
[JiF]AlbieDamned
Forum User

Post by [JiF]AlbieDamned »

JPistol wrote:I understand the pains in the Titan MOD. In PUB situation, never know what to expect. Yet sometimes if I don't have a Titan raining down on me. I get bored. :D

In most cases though, once the Titan guns are taken out. They stay out of commission or can be take out commission again quite quickly. The game is about teamwork, yet rute basics is about rock, paper, scissors (classes, weapon, vehicals, tools/equipment).
More times than not, when the Titans move forward I see engineers constantly repairing the titan guns while guys on the ground are constantly taking them out. It's non-stop points for all parties involved.