Tissueman Continues His Quest to Reach the 20th Century

Speaks for itself
[JiF][AARP]Tissueman

Tissueman Continues His Quest to Reach the 20th Century

Post by [JiF][AARP]Tissueman »

I won't do anything with this until after my vacation, but I'm interested in getting some webspace somewhere and am pretty clueless about it all. Right now I just need to set up a ftp site so a buddy of mine and I can work on songs. We'll be recording tracks separately and then combining them. He's located in PA so just popping in to record is not an option. The files are too big for email.

Do I have to rent space somewhere? Do I have to have a domain name? Please help an internet impaired man understand.

Thanks.
Ensuring the security of Western Democracy through superior tissue products.
[JiF]AlbieDamned
Forum User

Re: Tissueman Continues His Quest to Reach the 20th Century

Post by [JiF]AlbieDamned »

Who is your ISP? A lot of ISP's give you a free web site and ftp site as part of their deal.
Gen_Patton1945
New User

Post by Gen_Patton1945 »

Here's a cheap hosting place you may use. http://www.servage.net I have used them before and have had no problem + they give you a URL of your choice free for the first year.

In the Promo Code box type MEGA for a 50% discount for the lifetime of your account with them.

if your looking to spend more then there is http://www.crystaltech.com where I host my gamesite. I only host my game site here and not at the other place because I did it in ASP and not PHP when I started to code it. Servage did not support ASP or I would have went with them. Right now my cost with crystaltech runs $38 per month and my club has about 1200 members and I never had a problem with banwidth.

all INFO above is just an FYI on places I know that are good.

James

aka gen_patton1945
[JiF][AARP]Tissueman

Post by [JiF][AARP]Tissueman »

Thanks for the input. My ISP is fuse (Cincinnati Bell). A friend bailed me out and got me set up. :)
Ensuring the security of Western Democracy through superior tissue products.
[JiF]LtWaterboy
Forum User

Post by [JiF]LtWaterboy »

Tiss,

Don't feel too bad...

My next project (b4 I come back to work) this week is to get a garage door opener put on the 'rents' garage.

I forgot how bad it is to have to manually open a door every day (I must be getting lazy as I get older!!)

LT
[JiF]Mentat
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Mentat »

Good to hear your going back to work LtWaterboy. Not the work part, but you must be doing OK, that is good! :D
[JiF]LtWaterboy
Forum User

[JiF]Mentat wrote:Good to hear your going back to work LtWaterboy. Not the work part, but you must be doing OK, that is good! :D
Thanks, and yeah better... still pains but liveable with for the most part.

Plan to go in and get my "Albie"-shots (cortizone to the stomach) next week or the following....

I'm just counting down the minutes for THAT enjoyable moment!!! :(
[JiF]AlbieDamned
Forum User

[JiF]LtWaterboy wrote:Plan to go in and get my "Albie"-shots (cortizone to the stomach) next week or the following....
xx
[JiF]LtWaterboy
Forum User

Well,

just got my shots today. actually was funny:

my surgeon is a big wrestling fan & doctor for them. one of his many wrestler pictures on his walls was Chris Benoit!! :shock:

I asked him if I was going to get him in trouble with my "visit" and he just gave me a wry smile .... 8)

BTW.... he was real good - didnt even feel the needles.... he said I might feel it tomorrow, like Albie said... :(

the funniest part was the "cocktail" that he cooked up, that looked like a pina coloda mix...his cute little asst said no, it was a daquiri... ;)

LT
[JiF]AlbieDamned
Forum User

If I remember correctly, the actual cortisone shot is a mix of cortisone and lidocaine, so it numbs you initially. Otherwise my doctor told me the shot would be extremely painful.