Identity crisis?

Topics about EA's Battlefield 1942 game
[JiF]Sgt Shellshocked
Forum User

Identity crisis?

Post by [JiF]Sgt Shellshocked »

Do you ever forget what team you are on? I certainly do ,quite often. I remember one time on the Berlin map , spawning at the south flag near the river and finding myself surrounded by Russians. I blasted away at them and felt pretty good when I managed to kill 3 of them. I was thinking what a great infantryman I had become when a quick check on the scoreboard revealed that my points score had gone down to -6 doh , what an idiot I was a TK'ing Russian :oops:

Last night playing Guadalcanal , I was an Allied player and I bailed at the village flag where the sp gun and tank spawns. I quickly jumped into an empty Sherman and got out of the base quickly before the Axis planes started bombing. A quick look at the flag situation told me that we held all the flags (Red) so I thought that I would head up the road towards the Axis base and knock out some vehicles as they sped out of their base. I was confused when they just did not appear , what's wrong with those guys don't they want to win this game said I. At this point I thought a drive by shooting run through there base might wake em up so off I sped and managed to kill a couple of Axis on their airfield and destroy a couple of planes. Then someone complained about me base camping when we did not hold all the flags. At this point it dawned on me that all the flags had been red and I was allied doh another embarassing moment :oops:
I think it may have been the fact that the Sherman was empty at the Axis held base had fooled my peanut brain into thinking we held the flag.

Has anyone else suffered from this embarassing condition or is it just my age :roll:
[JiF]rix
Forum User

Re: Identity crisis?

Post by [JiF]rix »

Havent suffered for BF team color-blindness for a while. Somehow my brain sorts that thing out automatically nowadays.
Funny stories though:)
[JiF]corn
Forum User

Post by [JiF]corn »

I gunned down a guy on Karkov and unloaded all my nades on my teamss tank.
Luckily for me he turned the tank turret and just looked at me,that's when i realized why isn't he shooting me, oh wait my team argghh! :shock:

First signs of Dementia :shock:
[JiF]Cesar
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Cesar »

Once on Kharkov, i was walking behind my teammates tank over the bridge, but he turned his turret at me, so i zooked him in the back....
                                                          ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
[JiF]Sgt Shellshocked
Forum User

Wow Cesar , thats mean , he was probably just checking to make sure that you were ok :hah:
[JiF]Gib

Post by [JiF]Gib »

I too suffer from BF color blindness at times...mostly nadeing WT or MelonFarmer.

Sometime I get in this "zone" and am not even checking/noticing color of the targets tag, I just shooting at movement. Kinda like T-Rex...terrible sight so kills whatever moves...and eats it. LOL
[JiF]CowHide
Forum User

Post by [JiF]CowHide »

I remember when I first started playing, I don't know which server it was but the map was CAEN. I got confused cause I spawned at what I thought was the enemy flag surrounded (Canadian Base), so I started shooting and they shot me back, I died then reappeared at the same spot with the same enemy freaked out, started shooting, they shot back, and I died. It happend one more time before I realized It was my own team.

Another time was on jif and it was the first or second time I was using a Sub on Midway. I was scooting around and saw a carrier which did'nt appear on my mini map (maybe because I was too far away) so I started shooting "Torpedoes Away". After some hits the carrier started smoking, when all of the sudden Corn and Redshirt started saying "CowHide what are you doing??" "CowHide STOP". Carrier sunk, they both drove over in the boat and even jumped on my sub and gave me the dirtiest looks. OOPS!! :oops:

[JiF]CowHide
Image Image
"Moo Sarge, I said Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!"
[JiF]corn
Forum User

Post by [JiF]corn »

[JiF]Gib wrote:I too suffer from BF color blindness at times...mostly nadeing WT or MelonFarmer.

Sometime I get in this "zone" and am not even checking/noticing color of the targets tag, I just shooting at movement. Kinda like T-Rex...terrible sight so kills whatever moves...and eats it. LOL
Can we mod in a P-40 Warhawk with a T-rex painted on the side just for Gib? :shock: :roll:
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

I've had it when switching teams to even them up.
You have got in a zone with killing 1 colour & just because you switched sometimes the old brain doesn't switch sides too!!! :what:
Thanks for coming clean Shell. You were not really the target of my wrath last night. A player called mapman kept coming in after dropping out of a plane.
It was a waste of a plane & pointless camping when his team didn't hold all the flags. He made no attempt to use the plane as a weapon, just a means of transport.
Gnome-father
Forum User

Post by Gnome-father »

This happend to me one time. I was playing Allied and died. I switched side because of the teambalance. And i didnt know that i changed the team, and i totally forgot that the color didnt changed too so i spawned at a german base and saw alot of germans. I though they didnt saw me, and i blasted them down with the MP40. Hmmm, that gun noise wasnt from a thompson. And why do i have a steilhandgrenade? And why do i hear german voice on the radio? AND WHY DOES IT SAYS: GNOME-FATHER KILLED A (better said 8) TEAMMATE. X8

Jango fat is no more

Fat kid with glases is no more
Pokemonking97(this was one i TKed. A GREAT, STUPID POLKAMON-NERD) is no more

And 5 more i TKed that i didnt remember the name on.

EMBRACING! ALL I TKed SAID GNOME-FATHER IS A N00B! Kick Gnome-father! Go and suck some b@11$ Gnomie!

Luckly(and unluckly) i was on a jiff server(or was i?) and i was forgiven after explaining. But it was EMBRACING!!!
[JiF]Kyle
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Kyle »

Hehe.... Yeah I know that prblem too. Mostly happens to me when teammates steal enemy vehicles. I normally start to engage targets with my zook from far away so i see no name tags. Should better check the map sometimes.... :oops:
"I divide the world into two kinds of people: those who like me - and those who can got to hell..."
[JiF]Sgt Shellshocked
Forum User

Nice to see you back last night Kyle , even though my tank insurance costs have now gone way up through the roof! :hah:
[JiF]lini
Forum User

Post by [JiF]lini »

Yup, that can happen - to me, too. But on servers on which auto-balance isn't activated it's usually not a very frequent problem...

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini
prim plays AA3
New User

Post by prim plays AA3 »

Great story's
i'm playing BF now for a month or so, and always concentrate on the colors of the arrows and the numbers.
But ... today it happened again, my deepest gegrets for this and for the future
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Post by [JiF]zougathefist »

[JiF]corn wrote:
Can we mod in a P-40 Warhawk with a T-rex painted on the side just for Gib? :shock: :roll:
How about a T-Rex with a P-40 painted on it, at least we would be safe in the air!
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal!
-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula