Cubbies

A place to talk about any Non-Political topics that are on your mind. Keep it clean please.
[JiF]Squeaky McSqueakums
Forum User

Cubbies

Post by [JiF]Squeaky McSqueakums »

10,000 Wins !!!! this last one against the rockies sure was a nail biter though
only 4 other cubs teams have had as good a start as they have this year

Starbuck, they're headed out to your new stadium Friday, hope you've got your Ace starting, you're gonna need it :twisted:
That's right, these posts are the result of the dedicated work of me and a room full of monkeys working diligently on our typewriters.
[JiF]Toriq
Forum User

Re: Cubbies

Post by [JiF]Toriq »

I don't think the Nats have an "Ace" on the table. :oops:
Once in a while you can get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

Squeaky please note the baseball season is more akin to a marathon not a quick sprint :lol:
Still 15 - 6 a .714 record is not a bad start to build from.
I reckon they should take their brooms to The Nats.
[JiF]LtComStarbuck
Forum User

Post by [JiF]LtComStarbuck »

[JiF]Lt Gav wrote:I reckon they should take their brooms to The Nats.
Put your brooms away.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." --AEImage
[JiF]LtComStarbuck
Forum User

[JiF]Squeaky McSqueakums wrote:hope you've got your Ace starting, you're gonna need it :twisted:
Well no we don't need an 'ace.' We'll use the #5 man in the rotation of the worst team in baseball to shut you out.

Bang-Zoom go the firewords! A curly
nat w small.jpg
nat w small.jpg (1.43 KiB) Viewed 678 times
is in the record book!

Come October when Cubs and their fans our watching the play-offs on TV you may look back at losing this series as the beginning of the end of Cub's hopes for 2008.

"What does a bear on birth-control and the World Series have in common?" ---Harry Carey (ans:NO CUBS)
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." --AEImage
[JiF]Squeaky McSqueakums
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Squeaky McSqueakums »

well, thats the cubbies for ya, just when you think their on a roll... :roll:

however losing 2 outta three isn't the end of the world. but to be successful in the MLB you have to beat the teams you are supposed to beat, and no offense but we should have beaten the Nats.
Anyway, congrats starbuck, enjoy it while it lasts :twisted: :D
That's right, these posts are the result of the dedicated work of me and a room full of monkeys working diligently on our typewriters.
[JiF]LtComStarbuck
Forum User

[JiF]Squeaky McSqueakums wrote:well, thats the cubbies for ya, just when you think their on a roll... :roll:
but to be successful in the MLB you have to beat the teams you are supposed to beat,
To win a pennant you can't be losing series to the worst team in baseball, and get shut out by their #5 starter no less.