Protection

Speaks for itself
[JiF][AARP]Tissueman

Protection

Post by [JiF][AARP]Tissueman »

The laptop I got for my wife comes with Norton Internet Security free for 90 days. It came on my PC and I finally uninstalled it and got Norton SystemWorks. NIS was a pain. I like SystemWorks because it has some nice utilities in addition to the AV program. Unfortunately, you can't get AV protection with the Norton SystemWorks package that is compatible with Vista. Consumer Reports liked PC Cillin. Is there anywhere that would give a nice unbiased discussion/comparison of the available programs? Or if you have a preference please post. Since this will be out travel laptop and we'll be using various wireless connections across the US I'd like to have a reasonable degree of security without having to wade through a bunch of stuff to do anything. If that doesn't make sense, then to put it in simple terms: I don't want to think too much when I use the laptop.
Ensuring the security of Western Democracy through superior tissue products.
[JiF]LtWaterboy
Forum User

Re: Protection

Post by [JiF]LtWaterboy »

Tiss,

I like McAfee. was great and simple. running out my subscription from Comcast. will then swich to CA Internet Suite (free with TWC/RR).

Try this link to compare different ones.

http://internet-security.6starreviews.c ... HyEUbKIkqb

Hope this helps!!

LT
[JiF]Rhykin
JiF Member

Re: Protection

Post by [JiF]Rhykin »

I use (and will probably always use) McAfee VirusScan Enterprise. I've always liked it when using it at my home and at work as well. Whenever I used Norton, I've always had a terrible experience (with issues of bogging down the PC, uninstallation issues, crashes, etc)