Bioshock

A place to talk about games in general
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Bioshock

Post by [JiF]Mike »

I got home from work today to find my 2 year old in bed for a nap. Woohoo! So I loaded up Bioshock (it finished d/ling late last night) and played for about 20 minutes before he woke up. I'll write some more later...but wow is all I have to say. I can't wait to play some more later tonight! :)
ImageImage
[JiF]rIot
Forum User

Re: Bioshock

Post by [JiF]rIot »

does it give you the CD key after the download? I have the game installed but no CD key...so its dling and its taking FOREVER!
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

no, it's linked to your steam account. I never needed a key.
ImageImage
[JiF]Sly Gambit
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Sly Gambit »

[JiF]Mike wrote:I got home from work today to find my 2 year old in bed for a nap. Woohoo! So I loaded up Bioshock (it finished d/ling late last night) and played for about 20 minutes before he woke up. I'll write some more later...but wow is all I have to say. I can't wait to play some more later tonight! :)
Reviews are... umm... well they're way above normal.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/pc/bioshock

Right now it's meta-rating is a 96. That puts it at an all-time high tied with Half-Life/HL2.

IGN gave it a 9.7 which is the highest score I've ever seen them dole out:

http://pc.ign.com/articles/813/813641p1.html

Guess I'll have to get it. :)
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

Killing "Big Daddy's" really isn't easy. I've killed two so far, and I think it took me about 10-15 deaths each. Thank goodness they don't heal back up after you die or you'd never kill the things.

The ambiance in the game is what really makes it great. Walking down the hall and hearing some psycho lady babbling on and on is just creepy. I've been made to jump more times in this game than any game I can remember and they aren't kidding when they say this game is setting a new standard.

My only gripe so far is that I have to disable my dual screen setting to play this game at the best graphics possible, which may be more windows/hardware than game. I really hate windows dual-monitor support.
ImageImage
[JiF]LtWaterboy
Forum User

Post by [JiF]LtWaterboy »

woohoo!

finally, got my internet and cable working at my new place.

currently downloading a few including bioshock (guess I was right this bein a good one!).

here's the other demos:

Medal of Honor :Airborne
Loki
Two Worlds
waiting on the Clive Barker Jericho demo to be released.... oh yeah, alongwith Crysis!!! ;)

LT

ps. cant wait to get the new big LCD TV to try these on!!!
[JiF]rIot
Forum User

Post by [JiF]rIot »

I'm definitely hooked on this game, it's a lot different then your typical FPS, which is a breath of fresh air right now...
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

Yeah...I been staying up way to late playing this game. It's been a fews years since any shooter grabbed me like this one.
ImageImage
[JiF][AARP]Tissueman

Post by [JiF][AARP]Tissueman »

Tried the demo a few minutes last night. The graphics in the water scene were very impressive. I'm so stuck on the WWII genre that I'm not sure about this one, but the immersive feeling is great. I'll have to give it another try, but I'll probably pass on the game. I really didn't get more than maybe 10-15 minutes into the demo.
Ensuring the security of Western Democracy through superior tissue products.
[JiF]rIot
Forum User

Post by [JiF]rIot »

10-15 minutes? Then you haven't played the game! I'm in it about an hour and a half and I can't get enough. The environment is visually stunning! I took about 5 minutes just to look at flowing water...I didn't even do that in HL2...
[JiF]rIot
Forum User

Post by [JiF]rIot »

Finally decided to take a break from Bioshock, played for about 4-5 hours today cuz I was bored...the game keeps getting better and better. I'd hate to say this but Bioshock>HL2? I'll have to figure that out when I actually beat the game...HL2 had a pretty epic ending too...
[JiF]LtWaterboy
Forum User

Post by [JiF]LtWaterboy »

ugh!!!

is it the game or just my video card not able to handle it??
the login screen, I cant even see the arrow/cursor. have to try and "hover" over the option I want (get a color change over the "selected" one).
once in, at the start while swimming, screen is pixelized and cant figure out where to go or what to do. only see a fire trail and nothing else.

ugh!!! errr!!!

also, cant run the MOH:Airborne (vid card is not supported).... :(

LT
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

If you have an ATI card ATI released new drivers just after Bioshock came out that fixed a few graphic glitches. I don't know what the problems were as I spotted the new drivers before I first played.
ImageImage
[JiF][AARP]Tissueman

Post by [JiF][AARP]Tissueman »

I finished the demo. There is a lot to like about the game, but it's just not my style.
Ensuring the security of Western Democracy through superior tissue products.
[JiF]Rhykin
JiF Member

Post by [JiF]Rhykin »

I played the XBOX 360 demo a couple days ago and I honestly have to say, it didn't really lock me in. The plot (at that point) seemed kind of strange and hard to understand (granted, I can't judge the plot now since it was only a demo). The graphics were nice since the game uses the Unreal Tournament 3 engine.

I'll probably pick it up if I see it discounted somewhere (like Walmart). $50 is too much for me at the moment (since I just spent over $400 on books :( )