Hard Drive Backup

Speaks for itself
[JiF]Sly Gambit
Forum User

Hard Drive Backup

Post by [JiF]Sly Gambit »

Probably going to do some upgrades on my PC this fall. Figure the first thing I should do is buy a backup utility and drive. I want to play around with my memory/cpu settings a little more and last time I tried anything like this I screwed up my entire windows install. While I don't keep anything important local I have all my patch files and game settings/saved files along with my iTunes catalog.

Anyone have any advice. We're talking relatively small storage (I think I have 120gig) but something that can take an image of a hd and then reimage if I chose to restore. I think that means the hardware would have to interact without windows. I've never really bothered to do backups so any tips would be helpful. Oh and keep in mind I'm thinking cheap. $100-150 but cheaper is better.

I may end up just grabbing an external drive and just copying over selected files and using windows backup utility but it'd be nice to be able to do a full image (or to grab select files from a full image).
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Re: Hard Drive Backup

Post by [JiF][AARP]Grimp »

Norton Ghost will image it and recover pretty easily. A free version is G4U, but its not as easy to use unless its changed from the last verions I tried.