No Fall Nor' Easter

Want to get together to have some fun? No this is not a dating forum, but Lan Parties, Paintball, Cookouts, etc.
[JiF]rIot
Forum User

No Fall Nor' Easter

Post by [JiF]rIot »

It appears that LPANE has not planned to hold another Fall Nor' Easter. Now I don't know if it was just me, but when at the Spring Nor' Easter I recall Intel saying that they would have another at their Hudson location this year. I SURE hope we weren't led on...because I was really looking forward to a Fall LAN this year... :(
[JiF]Rhykin
JiF Member

Re: No Fall Nor' Easter

Post by [JiF]Rhykin »

It appears that LPANE has not planned to hold another Fall Nor' Easter
:shock:

Where did you hear this? I remember those guys talking about it as well and if I recall correctly, the last time I went to the forums (a couple weeks ago) they were subtly discussing it.
[JiF]rIot
Forum User

Post by [JiF]rIot »

I was on their forums and asked: "I haven't been through all the threads yet, but has there been any word on anything going on in the fall? I thought I heard Intel mention at the lan that they might host another at their facility. Any details to put the rumor to rest?"

and pissboy replied with: "Nothing that I know of. :D"

So I'm assuming there will be no fun this fall! :(
[JiF]Rhykin
JiF Member

Post by [JiF]Rhykin »

I don't know..
http://forums.lpane.net/viewtopic.php?t=5204

It seems to be that they wouldn't make that for nothing.. they would have plenty of time to do something in Novemeber or December if they were planning now.

I still have my hopes up.

EDIT: :lol: :lol: I just saw the image you replied with in the topic.
[JiF]rIot
Forum User

Post by [JiF]rIot »

After viewing this post u linked me to...my hope is a-new! I have a feeling we may see something this fall!
[JiF]Lonewolf
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lonewolf »

Well if they do I'll have to pass on it. I hope after next year gets here I might be able to swing it to where I can come out there for more then just the spring Nor'Easter.
You must be young and stupid before you can be old and wise.
[JiF]rIot
Forum User

Post by [JiF]rIot »

Next year we'll have to have a good ol' pre-LAN night on the town! xx
(BDU)opcenter
Forum User

Post by (BDU)opcenter »

[JiF]rIot wrote:After viewing this post u linked me to...my hope is a-new! I have a feeling we may see something this fall!
I believe this was referring to something that RonHack (yeah, that guy) was trying to put together in lieu of the disappearance of LanChelms, MaxFrag, and NELP. I haven't heard anything recently about it, but if he's the one putting it on, I have little hope that it will ever happen.

As far as an intel/LPANE party in the fall... I have heard conflicting stories. According to LPANE on the Nor'easter site (and that's from Pissboy who is very reliable), it's not happening. I also heard shortly after the fall party last year that intel had basically said that there was no way they were doing that again on their campus. However, I also heard at the spring Nor'easter this year (from one of the intel guys, no less) that they were planning something for the fall. So, who knows? :)
[JiF]rIot
Forum User

Post by [JiF]rIot »

This is killin' me, I almost liked the Fall event more then the Spring :(
(BDU)opcenter
Forum User

Post by (BDU)opcenter »

Really? I didn't much like the fall party. I had a good time, but it just seemed so commercial. The timing was weird too, doing Friday night to Saturday night. Most of the fun I had was hanging out outside of the party at one of the BDU guys' houses that was nearby.
[JiF]rIot
Forum User

Post by [JiF]rIot »

Just out of curiosity, would any JiFfers be interested in Pop'N'Fresh in September? I'm extremely distraught about the absence of a fall LAN this year and am scrambling to find a different one for the fall. Heres the info, if no ones really interested, I'll keep my fingers crossed that a miracle occurs and out of the darkness of defeat arises an Intel LAN in October.

http://www.scythik.com/lan.htm
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Post by [JiF][AARP]Grimp »

Seems far away and no BF2142. I think we need a fall party though.
[JiF]Stepovich
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Stepovich »

[JiF][AARP]Grimp wrote:Seems far away and no BF2142. I think we need a fall party though.
JIF LAN!!
[JiF]rIot
Forum User

Post by [JiF]rIot »

The question is would we have enough JiFfers to hold a decent LAN. 4v4 would be a pretty sufficiant LAN.
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Post by [JiF][AARP]Grimp »

Gotta worry about location.