For Selfish Reason's I will be upgrading the board

Let us know how things are working out or if you have any suggestions or complaints
[JiF][AARP]Jimbo
Site Admin

For Selfish Reason's I will be upgrading the board

Post by [JiF][AARP]Jimbo »

I will do it this weekend, not 100% sure of the time or date but it will be this weekend. It will be RC1 and all the content and users will roll over to the new board. However all the mod's will disappear, I will keep a list of the peanuts because I am sure we will get that mod back some day and I know people will care about them. If you want to see it in action right now I have a test one up at test.jiff.net you can login with your normal login an play.
[JiF][AARP]Jimbo
Site Admin

I have a backup of the current site as of right now so if anything goes wrong we can restore it to here.
[JiF][AARP]Jimbo
Site Admin

Re: For Selfish Reason's I will be upgrading the board

Ok seems the board upgrade went ok, please test stuff out and see how things are working. As far as the selfish reasons, this version looks like it has a better way off looking at people who want to join the board, I hope this cuts the number of new people to look at from 30 or so a day to some more reasonable number. Oh and probably 2 or 3 a month seem to actually be people who really want to join the others seem to be bots that just want to spam the boards.

I will be looking for mods and different skins and will add as we find some. You do get birthdays with this one so Grimp should be happy.
[JiF]Stepovich
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Stepovich »

Nice work Jimbo!!

Such a huge relief from the other scheme.

Are we going to use any of the scheme Dandy, Mentat et al came up with?
“If a conservative is a liberal who's been mugged,
a liberal is a conservative who's been arrested”
- Thomas Wolfe.
[JiF][AARP]Jimbo
Site Admin

Unfortunately this is a new version of the board and the style and css stuff has changed. Not sure if what Dandy and Mentat will work here but am looking into it.
Gen_Patton1945
New User

Post by Gen_Patton1945 »

Nice work 8)

Are the games gone with this new board? Image

I know what its like doing this stuff, When I changed server company's I wanted to keep the history of my Boards. Being that its a UBB and runs through a cgi-bin and not an mysql Database the dam thing took me over 30+ hrs to download from the old host company to the new company.

The club started in 1999 so I did not have the option at that time of using PHP MB system or I would have, and the only one I found to be stable at the time came from a company called Infopop (Who changed their name a few years back to Groupee) Dam thing cost back then over $250.00 without it being installed. Taking Data communaction & web development I did not need their support with the install thank god would have cost me more.

Anyway Long Story Short
Doing this type of stuff myself, I understand the work and Appreciate all that you guys do in running this.Image

P.S dont forget to answer about the games hehe 8) Image
[JiF]LtWaterboy
Forum User

Post by [JiF]LtWaterboy »

Sweet work, J!!!

Just got to get used to the new look/layout now!! :lol:

LT
[JiF][AARP]Jimbo
Site Admin

Not sure when the mods are going to start coming our but we are looking for them
[JiF]Rhykin
JiF Member

Post by [JiF]Rhykin »

Nice. Like the look! (Must've been painful..)
[JiF]Timmay!
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Timmay! »

Go Jimbo!!
[JiF]Sly Gambit
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Sly Gambit »

Logging in is working again!!! It actually saves my login name at work and I don't have to do it every single time I visit the board.

Woohoo!

Now to see if my trophies are still mine. :D

*NOTE* I accidently saved this as a "Draft". Except when I view my drafts it won't let me post. Apparantly I have to Load this and then submit it. Might want to get rid of the 'Save' option on submitting or switch it with the Submit option so the logical button is the first button.