so I got a new workstation on Friday

Speaks for itself
[JiF]bigjohnson
Forum User

so I got a new workstation on Friday

Post by [JiF]bigjohnson »

I had gotten a 20" monitor because of all the autocad work I've been doing lately back in december. The problem was the viewsonic was 1440 x 1050 but I didn't care because I got it to work great on my windows 2000 computer. So they swapped out my perfectly running machine for a new Dell with a nvidia 7600LE blah blah with XP professional. Monitor no sync. Me pissed. Me tell IT guru, give Big-J working 2000 machine back and me no care about 3ghz and 1gig mem and 7600LE/256MB...
So I get it to work fuzzy in 1280x1080 or 1680x1050 with scrolling screen. IT genius returns to my office with puny 19" monitor... it no sync niether. Me get ACAD Blocks and meuns linked while IT houdini tries to pull a mobility or resolution tweak from place no woman has seen.
IT guy comes back and says," I can't get it to sync..." meanwhile I'm moving drawings and contract documents so as to not spill this guy's blood on them during the upcoming fit of rage I felt coming on... he says(Josh)," So I was authorized to buy you the Dell 20" widescreen.
SWEEET.... I knew those court ordered anger management classes would pay off (I'm joking, actually my wife was ordered to take them when we first met, long story) anyways the only two things I protested about the new machines prior to this was that I wanted 2 gig ram and a DVD burner but he said he'll order another gig from crucial later and he said he got of combo drives... I said I wasn't planning to watch DVDs... I wanted a dual layer burner for storage... oh well I guess with the monitor I'll have to bring some popcorn in.

anyways.. stay away from 1440 x 1050
[JiF]Buick
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Buick »

You are scaring me BigJ.....I'm almost done with tech school to be one of those IT gurus. :shock:
One of those 35 yr old guys starting over career-wise......terrified...hello...... :D
[JiF]bigjohnson
Forum User

nah I feel sorry for the guy, he's like 28, and needs to keep everyone running.
pissboy[LPANE]
Forum User

Post by pissboy[LPANE] »

bigJ.. where do you work?
[JiF]bigjohnson
Forum User

pissboy[LPANE]
Forum User

Post by pissboy[LPANE] »

ahh, ok, I saw that you work with autocad and was wondering. I was a drafter for a while, but it was all mechanical work, not architectural. Currently working as a machinist.