knife kills

Topic's about Some new game by EA
[JiF]KellysHero
Forum User

knife kills

Post by [JiF]KellysHero »

do you have to be on your belly crawling up to your victim to get a kill with one swipe? Tonight I snuck up on a guy who was kneeling with his back to me, I was standing, swung away, and missed, or at least didn't kill him. He turned around and got with his gun. Same thing happened later as well, this time the guy was standing with his back to me. Any techniques I'm missing?
You've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?
[JiF]Beezer
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Beezer »

Yeah you need to stab him :lol: :lol:

Just kidding, I have no idea i play real games like bf2 not noob games like 2142
Experience without theory is blind, but theory without experience is mere intellectual play.
-Immanuel Kant

ImageImage
[JiF]Stepovich
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Stepovich »

[JiF]Beezer wrote:Yeah you need to stab him :lol: :lol:

Just kidding, I have no idea i play real games like bf2 not noob games like 2142
Beezer finds the prospect of developing new skills daunting...which is why he's playing outdated BF2 ;)

The knifing thing is a bit tricky sometimes Kelly- I think you really have to keep moving forward while
you're hitting the knife key. Practice on the bots in single player, it'll help.
Usually takes me 2-3 swipes in any case...though when i knifed Dave I think it was only one 8)
[JiF]AlbieDamned
Forum User

Post by [JiF]AlbieDamned »

I read somewhere that the key is to think of the knife as a gun with a really short range, like 1 meter. The common mistake is to try to line up your knife hand with the target. Instead you should line up your crosshairs with the target. The stabbing animation on the screen is misleading in this regard. Take this with a grain of salt, since I'm not very good at it myself. My usual technique is to crouch first and then stab. For whatever reason that seems to work better for me. Maybe it's because it brings my crosshairs lower and thus more in line with the center of mass (the torso). But you can stab them anywhere and it's a kill, even their feet.
[JiF]Stepovich
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Stepovich »

[JiF]AlbieDamned wrote:I read somewhere that the key is to think of the knife as a gun with a really short range, like 1 meter. The common mistake is to try to line up your knife hand with the target. Instead you should line up your crosshairs with the target. The stabbing animation on the screen is misleading in this regard. Take this with a grain of salt, since I'm not very good at it myself. My usual technique is to crouch first and then stab. For whatever reason that seems to work better for me. Maybe it's because it brings my crosshairs lower and thus more in line with the center of mass (the torso). But you can stab them anywhere and it's a kill, even their feet.
Crouching or prone knife kills are also good in that they impede the 'discovery reaction' when they whip around and start spraying bullets after hearing that distinctive whooshing knife sound.

I love catcing people trying to knife me. Problem is, when they succeed...no matter how I rationalize it, it still sucks to get knifed.