V1.25 patch

Topic's about Some new game by EA
[JiF]Sandretzky
Forum User

V1.25 patch

Post by [JiF]Sandretzky »

another patch??? Grimp you send in the artwork??
WHO ME?
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Post by [JiF][AARP]Grimp »

Ya the billboards will now feature my videos :D
This update caught me by surprize. Reading the update info it looks like its gonna take some fun away from the sentry gun :roll:
Then again with the few times I have been able to play the game I probably won't even notice the change.
[JiF]Stepovich
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Stepovich »

Anyone have a list of the changes?
I can't access anything from work computer!
“If a conservative is a liberal who's been mugged,
a liberal is a conservative who's been arrested”
- Thomas Wolfe.
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

The 1.25 update is here and we wanted to say “Thank You” to all the players who visited the Beta servers and Forums to play and talk about the changes. Thanks to everyone who flew gunships, spammed APMs, and fired the SAAW at those gunships and transports so this update can continue the trend of improving the Battlefield for everyone’s enjoyment. Here is the final change list for 1.25 which will be available starting at 5pm CET / 4pm GMT / 11am EST / 8am PST:

Bigger Donuts.
Fixed PAC Titan geometry exploit: Players may no longer sink into the hull of the PAC titan to freely attack defenders, consoles and the core.
Fixed EU Titan geometry exploit: Players may no longer sink into the hull of the EU Titan to freely attack defenders, consoles and the core.
Fixed Squad Leader Drone bug: The spawn placement of the SL drone has been raised to prevent instances where the drone would kill the Squad Leader.
APM Tuning: The detection radius for Anti-Personnel Mines has been reduced. Players will need to walk much closer to APMs in order to set them off. The blast radius of the APM has also been decreased.
Fixed radar grenade bug: The bug which caused the radar grenade to sometimes not appear on players’ mini-map has been fixed.
Fixed Bridge at Remagen Exploit: Players will no longer be able to move inside the west facing slope on the bridge.
Moding addition: Editing for ‘Physics. AirDensityZeroAtHeight’ has been added.
Moding addition: The command ‘object.listObjectsofTemplate’ has been re-added to the rcon_invoke command list.
Improved SAAW missile tracking: The SAAW will now consistently track all airborne targets. The missiles still require visual lock to be maintained in order to seek targets.
Improved Gunship missile tracking: The Gunship missiles will now correctly track all other airborne targets. Please note that the missile behavior when fired at ground targets is unchanged
Improved Gunship Gunner Cannon: The projectile speed and damage for the gunner position cannon has been increased for both gunships.
Static AA missile tracking improvement: The EMP missiles fired from the static AA has been improved to properly track when locked on to enemy ships.
Static AA Missile lock on range decreased: The range which static AA may lock onto ships has been reduced to allow ships ‘spaces of safety’ around the maps.
Fixed Gunship and Transport Ship Active Defense: A tail section for each of these ships was not properly covered by active defense. This has been corrected to fully protect all ships. Please note that the visual effect for active defense has not changed.
Gunship TV Missile Adjustment: Damage for Gunship TV guided missiles has been slightly increased
Fixed fence exploit: Bullet deviation has been added to all fences to prevent a game play exploit. Please note that players behind fences will be more difficult to hit at medium-long ranges due to this change
Duplicate CD- Key issue: Changes to the CD key check to help prevent issues where players receive a duplicate cd-key error when joining servers.
LMG Adjustments: The Bianchi and Shuko have been normalized in their settling rates to correct a minor imbalance.
Automatic Drone adjustment: Health points for the Sentry Gun, Accipiter and Otus drones have been reduced.
Sentry Gun targeting adjustment: Sentry guns will now take slightly longer to fire on their targets. The sight range for the sentry has also been slightly reduced.
Fixed Medic Hub bug: Fixed a bug where players would occasionally receive a new medical hub immediately after it was deployed
As we begin to enjoy the warmer days here in Stockholm our sights to the coming summer and the plans to continue improving Battlefield. One event we hope to make a regular occurrence for our players is to ‘Challenge DICE’. So far we have met two excellent teams on the 2142 Battlefield. If you and 9 other friends want to take on DICE then head over to the EA forums and declare yourself!

Also keep your knife sharp as another DICE Dog Tag event is on the horizon.

-The DICE Live Team
[JiF]Stepovich
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Stepovich »

[JiF][AARP]Grimp wrote:APM Tuning: The detection radius for Anti-Personnel Mines has been reduced. Players will need to walk much closer to APMs in order to set them off. The blast radius of the APM has also been decreased.
Well that's a real blow to my newest favorite class; recon with apm's and demo packs. I really liked the APM's the way they were- yeah, I know, they were annoying. But they kept people honest, keeping at bay those kamikaze run-and-gunners, forcing people to think twice about running down that hallway and forcing them to take a slower, more thoughtful approach.
I haven't tried it with the changes yet, so maybe I'm wrong and they were just tweaked....but in my experience with EA, when they tweak, the item they change tends to become worthless.
“If a conservative is a liberal who's been mugged,
a liberal is a conservative who's been arrested”
- Thomas Wolfe.
[JiF]bigjohnson
Forum User

Post by [JiF]bigjohnson »

there goes my kills.
[JiF]Sandretzky
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Sandretzky »

I found the game to run smoother after this update. Maybe I was just lucky. APMs were still good
WHO ME?
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

I didn't notice any real difference. Could be lack of playing time though.
JPistol
Forum User

Post by JPistol »

Don't think the APM is going to make them any less useful.

The biggest adjustement affecting me is the devation when shooting thru fences.
[JiF]Stepovich
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Stepovich »

Played a lot last night, APM's seem just fine to me!

I didn't notice the fence thing? What was that change exactly?
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Kelly and I were playing Suez last night. I spawned on him and found we were in one of the canals, but it was about 50 feet deep with straight walls and no way out. It was odd. Had to suicide to get out. I should have taken a screen shot. I think thats the first glitch I have seen on a map. I also had my button for talking to the command stop working "T" button. When I pushed it nothing happened after a little while it just started working again.