XBox 360 Gamers

A place to talk about games in general
[JiF]Dandyman
Forum User

XBox 360 Gamers

Post by [JiF]Dandyman »

Might have an XBox 360 in the near future. Are there any nuts out there gaming on XBox Live?
----
Dandy Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
[JiF]DispDave
Forum User

Post by [JiF]DispDave »

Sell it and upgrade your computer!
[JiF]rIot
Forum User

Post by [JiF]rIot »

When Halo 3 comes out I shall purchase a 360!
[JiF]Stepovich
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Stepovich »

[JiF]DispDave wrote:Sell it and upgrade your computer!
What sad and troubling times we've come upon
when Dandyman has to be urged to upgrade and is getting an Xbox...*sigh*
“If a conservative is a liberal who's been mugged,
a liberal is a conservative who's been arrested”
- Thomas Wolfe.
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

MS also plans to release Halo 3 for Vista, and you will be able to play the game online against XBox360 players. If I bought any console it would be a Wii, simply because the games are fun to play with other people. It seems that Nintendo is sticking with it's "arcade/fun games" roots, while the PS3 and 360 strive to become a simple cheap gaming PC. But what do I know. :)
ImageImage
[JiF]Sly Gambit
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Sly Gambit »

[JiF]Mike wrote:MS also plans to release Halo 3 for Vista, and you will be able to play the game online against XBox360 players. If I bought any console it would be a Wii, simply because the games are fun to play with other people. It seems that Nintendo is sticking with it's "arcade/fun games" roots, while the PS3 and 360 strive to become a simple cheap gaming PC. But what do I know. :)
Technically they're targetting the 'Home Entertainment' market and are trying to become game machines, DVRs, internet browsers, and HD-DVD or BlueRay players.

Thank god for Nintendo. I finally got a WII this weekend for my Nephew (Best Buy had a 're-release'). Sometimes people just want to play games.

Everyone else should learn how to use PCs. And I will be getting Halo 3 if it releases for the PC.
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

Yeah ture, I did think of that. The line between gaming pc and home entertainment pc is becoming very thin. I already have a pc in my entertainment center connected to the tv. I watch a lot of downloaded TV shows with it. I can't wait for the day I can use it to replace my cable box. I forget what they are called, but I read an article a while back about cards that will have your subscription info allowing you to use a device of your choice to get your programming. I know our cable box already has the slot with a card in it, but I don't know to what extent it is used yet. That will be a great day. All my programming available through my HTPC. :)
ImageImage
[JiF]Dandyman
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Dandyman »

I've actually changed my mind and instead will probably be upgrading my KVM and get a nice widescreen LCD 20" or greater instead.
----
Dandy Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
[JiF]Sly Gambit
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Sly Gambit »

[JiF]Dandyman wrote:I've actually changed my mind and instead will probably be upgrading my KVM and get a nice widescreen LCD 20" or greater instead.
A bunch of us (Grimp(?), me, some other random person) managed to snag Westinghouse 22" Widescreens on Thanksgiving. I think it was this one:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp ... 0290375913

Not as cheap as it was on Black Friday but I'm extremely happy with mine.
[JiF]rIot
Forum User

Post by [JiF]rIot »

[JiF]Sly Gambit wrote:
[JiF]Dandyman wrote:I've actually changed my mind and instead will probably be upgrading my KVM and get a nice widescreen LCD 20" or greater instead.
A bunch of us (Grimp(?), me, some other random person) managed to snag Westinghouse 22" Widescreens on Thanksgiving. I think it was this one:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp ... 0290375913

Not as cheap as it was on Black Friday but I'm extremely happy with mine.
Ah yes, Black Friday...and Grimp was considering giving up! Fun but miserable night...