LAG

Topic's about Some new game by EA
JPistol
Forum User

LAG

Post by JPistol »

Something I've just posted in another forum that was talking about lag issues in the game.

Use to be a time where LAG referance only ment latancy over a network due to packet loss. As the gaming community grew, lag was often placed at blame instead of blame for poor computer peformance and FPS droping below 12 fps. Today lag is just a generlaized term for all of above, and there are SEVERAL things that contribute to "lag."

Particle effects has always been a key contribitor in game design and lag. Has been since Quake and Counter-Strike (remember servers banning for use of smoke grenades), to all the games made today. Ity-bity bits moving around on the screen being rendured. Coming and going like additional pub players joining and leaving a active game. More gamers that come in, the harder everything has to work.

In BF2142. Repairing the Titan guns lagged out my old computer, holding down on the repair while the guns are being taken out. Do this long enough with all the smoke and sparks flying everywhere will eat up CPU and Video processing, easily droping frames below 12 fps. Shooting the Titan Shields in the hangar area can cause lag. Especially with light boom, and other lighting effects are active.
[JiF]rIot
Forum User

Post by [JiF]rIot »

For some reason only the Northern Strike maps make me lag...it gets pretty bad. Does anyone else have this issue? I never used to untill the past couple of weeks...
[JiF]AlbieDamned
Forum User

Post by [JiF]AlbieDamned »

[JiF]rIot wrote:For some reason only the Northern Strike maps make me lag...it gets pretty bad. Does anyone else have this issue? I never used to untill the past couple of weeks...
The Northern Strike maps definitely lagged more for me than the original maps. Especially Bridge at Remagen. I wound up turning most of the video settings down to Low, and it got a lot better. I would have thought my 7800 GS could handle at least medium, but alas, it can't.
[JiF]rIot
Forum User

Post by [JiF]rIot »

Dont feel bad, apparently two 7800GTX's SLi'd can't handle it either, and Bridge at Remagen also lags THE worste for me as well. So now I just play STALKER instead of playing those maps, but everyone likes to play Northern Strike maps now :evil: mix it up a little and play some 2142 maps! Im about ready to go back to BF2!
[JiF]Stepovich
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Stepovich »

No issues here! ...and I have settings maxed out.

Looks like the new rig's paying off ;)
“If a conservative is a liberal who's been mugged,
a liberal is a conservative who's been arrested”
- Thomas Wolfe.
[JiF]AlbieDamned
Forum User

Post by [JiF]AlbieDamned »

[JiF]Stepovich wrote:No issues here! ...and I have settings maxed out.

Looks like the new rig's paying off ;)
You realize, Step, that by admitting this, you're giving up your best excuse for playing poorly? :lol:
[JiF]Stepovich
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Stepovich »

Carefull, I outrank you now!
:lol:
[JiF]Sandretzky
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Sandretzky »

[JiF]rIot wrote:Dont feel bad, apparently two 7800GTX's SLi'd can't handle it either, and Bridge at Remagen also lags THE worste for me as well. So now I just play STALKER instead of playing those maps, but everyone likes to play Northern Strike maps now :evil: mix it up a little and play some 2142 maps! Im about ready to go back to BF2!
I can't play the Bridge map at all it sucks! I need more ram but Dell wont take JiF Peanuts :D So if you guys see me dive out of a server right after the docking map its because the bridge is usually next and its just not worth playing for me. :cry:
WHO ME?
[JiF]rIot
Forum User

Post by [JiF]rIot »

I gave up on Northern Strike all together, been playing CS:S to make me feel better...
[JiF]Sandretzky
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Sandretzky »

Dont give up man it just takes some getting used to :) It took a while but I got most of my goodies from NS now. No wait I still need the snowflake ribbon, but I die alot on a speeder---hmmmm :? If I only had a kid that could play for me :D
WHO ME?
[JiF]rIot
Forum User

Post by [JiF]rIot »

I gave up on NS cuz it lagged to the point where it wasnt even worth playing. I could care less about the goodies, the Baur does a fine job!