BF2: Desert Combat

Topics about EA's Battlefield 2 game
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Post by [JiF][AARP]Grimp »

Anyone playing it yet :?:
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Well I loaded it and went out to play this morning.
Looks like the old DC on 1942.
Unfortunately the server was a very unpleasant place. I only found 3 servers.
Any way it was mega lag which could be me I dunno.
As soon as a went to an enemy flag killed a couple the enemy team tried to kick vote me.
As soon as the kick vote expired they started a new vote to kick me.
Round ended and we started a new round. Same thing. Capped a flag and the kick votes started.
Is this what has become of BF2 or was it just a bad server? I don't see much of this kind of behavior on 2142 at all.

EDIT: Went to a standard BF2 server and it was a happy place. Guess the DC one was just a bad place :D
[JiF]KellysHero
Forum User

Post by [JiF]KellysHero »

Were they just practicing or checking stuff out and not really wanting to fight? Guess they could have said something to you first though.

Where did you download it from?
You've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

No it was a full game they were not checking stuff out. Dunno what the problem was.
(BDU)opcenter
Forum User

Post by (BDU)opcenter »

I think it was just a bad server, but in the few minutes I've played so far I haven't had much of a better experience.

So far it looks like I was wrong as far as it being much more than just regular ol' BF2 with a 1942/DC skin. I really can't tell a whole lot of difference. The weapons look different, the tanks/vehicles look different, etc.

In the 30 minutes or so I've played I have yet to fire a single shot. Either I just completely suck (which is entirely possible) or the weapons REALLY need to be calibrated. Another problem I ran into is the spawn time/capture time. Capture time for points is WAY down (at least on the servers I played on)... I would die and try to respawn where I was and every single time, the point was gone by the time I responded... even if where I was killed was pretty far from the point.

Anyway, have to give it some more play time to rule out rogue servers with idiots and maybe get my skill level up a bit. :)