Striking Gold

Topic's about Some new game by EA
[JiF]AlbieDamned
Forum User

Striking Gold

Post by [JiF]AlbieDamned »

I got my first gold badge last night :D :D I managed to get 30 kills with the assault kit. Ironically, it was on Tunis Harbor which I just said yesterday is one of my least favorite maps.

I have the hours put in to qualify for engineer gold, so I'm going for 30 kills with that one too. It's tough with engineer. I think the best way is gonna be to get in an apc or tank or walker. I'm also just about to 60 hours with assault, which would make me eligible for the gold medic badge.

Also last night, I played with the engineer's SAAW anti-air weapon. I got about 10 kills with it. I was standing on a hilltop on the Sidi Power Plant map. It was letting me lock on to aircraft which I couldn't even see. It's pretty mindless to use it. Just zoom in, pan around a little until you hear a lock on sound, then shoot. From the spot where I was shooting, I could see the enemy Titan. So I was just hitting choppers as they took off. One trick was to wait for the enemy to use up their shields. They get an alarm when you lock on to them, so they'll probably put up their shields right away. So if you wait a few seconds to fire, you're more likely to be successful.
[JiF]DispDave
Forum User

Post by [JiF]DispDave »

Do you guys print a list someplace telling you what's required so you can try for these things?
[JiF]AlbieDamned
Forum User

Within the game, if you go to BFHQ then Awards, it will tell you what's required for each one when you click on it. The badges all have bronze/silver/gold levels, and it tells you what you need for the next level. There's also a full list here which seems to be accurate.

The awards are huge for getting career points and ranking up. For example, my gold badge last night was worth 1,000 career points. Once you get up there in rank, it takes forever to get enough points for a promotion through regular gameplay alone.
[JiF]bigjohnson
Forum User

Post by [JiF]bigjohnson »

they jipped me on my titan assault gold badge and my medic silver... I only needed 10 heals and had like 20..
JPistol
Forum User

Post by JPistol »

AA in BF2142 makes it painfull for air power. Stationary, Walkers, and SAAW. Like mention all capable of tracking targets with no visual. Can be clear accross the other side of the map and be continuesly EMP to the ground. It is the flip flop of things. So many were upset about BF2 air power that air power was esentialy reduced to no value at all in BF2142.
[JiF]AlbieDamned
Forum User

JPistol wrote:AA in BF2142 makes it painfull for air power. Stationary, Walkers, and SAAW. Like mention all capable of tracking targets with no visual. Can be clear accross the other side of the map and be continuesly EMP to the ground. It is the flip flop of things. So many were upset about BF2 air power that air power was esentialy reduced to no value at all in BF2142.
Yes they can all track and lock on, but the difference is that stationary AA missles and Walker AA missles are just EMP attacks. I don't see too many choppers killed by EMP - usually they recover. The SAAW, on the other hand, blows choppers up.

I actually don't like the stationary AA much. The Titan AA, on the other hand, kicks butt. The stationary AA is good for taking out Titan guns of course, and it can kill a chopper that gets real close. But for choppers high up in the sky - give me back my BF1942 AA guns!
JPistol
Forum User

Post by JPistol »

Get any two sets (Walker+Walker, Walker+R. AA, R. AA+R. AA) of EMPs. There is no escape. Question is what will you land on, hit, or make it back out of out of bounds in time. Then there is that chance of being shot down too. Air Transport can take a little ground/wall/tree pounding, but the Gunship is a frail mozaic egg.