Where Assault Lines Blows

Topic's about Some new game by EA
JPistol
Forum User

Where Assault Lines Blows

Post by JPistol »

There are no lines to follow.

The Northerstrike maps in themselves are nicely done Conquest maps and I do enjoy playing them. Where I am disappointed is these maps are not push maps, just a conquest map with a unlock able uncap. I had thought the concept of Assault Lines was to be push maps. Teams assaulting a defined paths. Like that of Onslaught of Unreal Tournament 2004. Where holding one control point allows the team to push on the next and to the next till reaching the base. Any break in that link to the base prevents the base from being attacked.
[JiF]AlbieDamned
Forum User

Post by [JiF]AlbieDamned »

I agree. Several times on Leipzig, I've been on the EU side and had the first few flags captured, and started pushing for the back flag. But then inevitably someone on the PAC team slips through and recaptures one of the first flags. And Port Bavaria is all over the place - you can get to any of the flags from any of the other flags more or less, so there is no real order. I think they had good intentions, but it just doesn't work in reality. Desert Combat had some maps where the flags were numbered, and you had to capture them in order. That's the extreme approach, and I think a lot of people found that to be too restrictive. So I don't know what the solution is.

Having said that, I do like the new maps though :)
[JiF]rIot
Forum User

Post by [JiF]rIot »

"Like that of Onslaught of Unreal Tournament 2004"

oh the good times! :D
[JiF]Stepovich
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Stepovich »

[JiF]AlbieDamned wrote:I agree. Several times on Leipzig, I've been on the EU side and had the first few flags captured, and started pushing for the back flag. But then inevitably someone on the PAC team slips through and recaptures one of the first flags. And Port Bavaria is all over the place - you can get to any of the flags from any of the other flags more or less, so there is no real order. I think they had good intentions, but it just doesn't work in reality. Desert Combat had some maps where the flags were numbered, and you had to capture them in order. That's the extreme approach, and I think a lot of people found that to be too restrictive. So I don't know what the solution is.

Having said that, I do like the new maps though :)
I agree as well. You can get pretty dizzy going back and forth on those big maps when very mobile squads are hitting random flags faster than you can get there....and defending consistantly is usually right out given team numbers.
Very nice to have new maps though, amazing how fast the few we have got old...even these are starting to seem a little stale already.
“If a conservative is a liberal who's been mugged,
a liberal is a conservative who's been arrested”
- Thomas Wolfe.
[JiF]AlbieDamned
Forum User

Post by [JiF]AlbieDamned »

2142 only comes with 10 maps, which I think is pretty skimpy. Getting 3 new maps is nice, and they are good maps, but we had to pay $10 for them. Compare this with BF1942. The original game came with 16 maps, and we got a bunch more maps for free over time (Coral Sea, Battle of Britain, Phillipines, Caen).

I think I'm gonna start a new thread to see which 2142 maps people like the most.