Northern Strike

Topic's about Some new game by EA
[JiF]Stepovich
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Stepovich »

[JiF]AlbieDamned wrote: There's also a new pin, the Assault Lines Attack Pin. You get it for capturing the home base in an Assault Lines map, and you get 5 career points (no unlock).
I was about to complain that I'd gotten no unlocks last night after earning a pin...but it was the Assault Lines pin :cry:
“If a conservative is a liberal who's been mugged,
a liberal is a conservative who's been arrested”
- Thomas Wolfe.
[JiF]AlbieDamned
Forum User

Post by [JiF]AlbieDamned »

[JiF]Stepovich wrote:
[JiF]AlbieDamned wrote: There's also a new pin, the Assault Lines Attack Pin. You get it for capturing the home base in an Assault Lines map, and you get 5 career points (no unlock).
I was about to complain that I'd gotten no unlocks last night after earning a pin...but it was the Assault Lines pin :cry:
I'd have thought that pin would be worth more than 5, since being the one to get credit for capturing the home flag should be fairly rare. I assume you don't get it for a capture assist, just a full-fledged capture.
[JiF]bigjohnson
Forum User

Post by [JiF]bigjohnson »

yeah. everyone left when I got back from my P&Z commission meeting at around 9pm. So I played a little more. I picked the extended camoflague thingy and larger magazine for engineer.
[JiF]Smuckers
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Smuckers »

I am not sure what to get with my unlocks yet. I may spread them out. :?
[JiF]Sandretzky
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Sandretzky »

NORTHER STRIKE I like it. Its so new to folks Dog Tags are easier to get. Sorry Grimp you already have mine :D
WHO ME?
[JiF]AlbieDamned
Forum User

Post by [JiF]AlbieDamned »

I'm also enjoying NS. One complaint is that the Bridge at Remagen map always seems laggy for me, regardless of number of players. A lot of transporting goes on. But other than that, I like it. Right now, from what I've seen, the goliaths aren't doing too well. They seem to get destroyed pretty quickly, especially on the Remagen map. I imagine that over time, their survivability will improve as players get better with them. It's partially using the goliath's weapons efficiently, but it's also having soldiers alongside the goliath protecting it.

The new badges and ribbons are extremely easy to get. Over the weekend, I got 6 out of 10 of them. That means 6 unlocks, along with the usual unlocks from promotions. I've now unlocked all 6 of the player abilities including the NS boots, 9 out of 10 items on the engineer tree including the NS unlock for bigger magazines for the SMG, 7 out of 10 items on assault including the NS unlock for extra rocket ammo, and 7 out of 10 on support including the NS unlock IDS-1 infantry detector. It's on to recon next for me.

The combination of the maxclip player ability and the NS engineer unlock giving you more shots per magazine for your SMG makes a big difference for the engineer. I now have more shots per clip and more clips. At close range, I can be quite effective against infantry, even against multiple targets. Also the assault NS unlock giving extra ammo for the rocket attachment is nice. You get 4 shots per clip instead of 3. I can usually get a kill with 2 shots, so now I can get 2 kills without reloading.

Oh, and what can I say about the IDS-1. It's awesome, but alas, I fear it's overpowered. I use it when defending a titan hallway. If I put it down near the front of the hallway, it covers almost the entire cargo bay. I just follow the red dots on the mini-map to know when the bad guys are coming, then chuck grenades right as they reach the entrance to the hallway. I've seen tons of complaints on various forums about the IDS-1 being too powerful. So I imagine they might nerf it in an upcoming patch.
[JiF]Stepovich
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Stepovich »

Indeed. The ISD is amazing, I have trouble playing another class
because I'd miss it so much!

Same for me with the unlocks this weekend Albie- I got around
ten after ranking up.
- Thomas Wolfe.
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Post by [JiF][AARP]Grimp »

Hmmm... I don't seem to be getting many unlocks. I think I got one. I guess I'm just am not good enough.
The Wireless Palm Pilot thingy is pretty slick for defending. I used it several times yesterday and it was great. Got it as a field upgrade, but wasted my one unlock on the predator mode device. I thought maybe if I was semi-invisible I could get Steps tags. Seems too many can see me anyway :(
[JiF]Smuckers
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Smuckers »

Grimp, don't feel bad, I only got 4, and 1 of them was a rank up. I guess The lower scores get more. :(
JPistol
Forum User

Post by JPistol »

Least with all the bonuses, BF2142 is more sutied for the casual gamers, and Northern Strike is a huge advantage to the casual gamer. Even still unlocks are time invested.

For unlocks, which I may of said here before. Work up to the weapon unlocks so you can earn them as field upgrades. Then experiment with them to find which unlock best suits your character. When I started out with my grind to get all the unlocks. I often picked a weapon unlock that I thought was good but found it wasn't a good weapon for me.
[JiF]Stepovich
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Stepovich »

With this in mind, I've also found that the ones I wanted, but was then disappointed
in later, after much useage, have become my favorites.
The Baur for example.
- Thomas Wolfe.