Topics about EA's Battlefield 2 game
[JiF]Buick
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Buick »

:cry: :cry: :oops:
[JiF]Stepovich
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Stepovich »

[JiF]Timmay! wrote:Looks like they ended the "tuning beta" a little early - the account servers have been shut down and the beta no longer works. Guess it's uninstall time.

I liked it but still think I need to give it a pass if they're going to make me change my player name.
Timmay?
[JiF]Timmay!
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Timmay! »

Yep - somebody already took Timmay and it won't let me use [JiF]Timmay. Dorks.
[JiF]Stepovich
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Stepovich »

I know- it really is idiotic.
Any chance they'll change it?
[JiF]Timmay!
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Timmay! »

Yes, there is a chance. I expect it's probably a small one, though. That or they'll try to change it and mess things up.
[JiF]Timmay!
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Timmay! »

Community Update - 9/15/06

Attention BF 2142 Soldiers!

As the beta tests for BF 2142 have finished, on behalf of everyone at DICE I wanted to personally thank you for your help with the development of the game. We gave you a mission, and you delivered above and beyond what we could have hoped for. Thanks to your hard work, we’ve already made over 3000 bug fixes and very many changes to BF 2142, and we continue to fine-tune the game based on your feedback. Some of the forum traffic we’ve read has asked what fixes we are making, and while there isn’t room to list all of the changes, your feedback made us make some major changes to Titan shield layout as well as adding death material to the outside shield, killing people trying to just sit and wait for shield to go down. These changes plus more around the Titan is making the fights even more intense and rewarding.

We have also, based directly on your feedback from both rounds of the Tuning Beta made a number of gameplay changes. The Support class’s Machine Guns now overheat slower and cool down quicker when not firing. The Doragon and Talon gunships have received an increase in maneuverability to allow for better dogfights. Additionally, all Recon class’s sniper rifles have had their sway substantially reduced and are able to be equipped with a more effective Gruber 5 Stabilizer. Finally, the Heavy Body Armor now absorbs less damage from incoming projectiles, effectively increasing the power of all weapons against Heavily Armored opponents.

The end result is that when BF 2142 releases next month, we are confident it will be a great experience. We continue to work toward the goal we have had all along in the development cycle, which is to make BF 2142 the best BF release ever.

Thanks again for your help in this important process, we hope that you had as much fun playing as we did. We’ll see you on the battlefield soon.

Marcus Nilsson
Senior Producer
Battlefield 2142
[JiF]Stepovich
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Stepovich »

So I installed the newest patch, but have yet to play online.
Just can't stop playing FH ;)

So what's the feedback been since the patch? Has it
improved the game?
“If a conservative is a liberal who's been mugged,
a liberal is a conservative who's been arrested”
- Thomas Wolfe.
[JiF]Timmay!
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Timmay! »

I think the feedback has been good overall but some people still have problems with it.

I suddenly lost interest in BF games about a week ago. Like the games, don't like the attitude of DICE or of EA - just been too many times that I've thought "are they actually trying to annoy me?" - and need a break from them.
[JiF]Stepovich
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Stepovich »

Come play FH with us! Mentat, Tissue, Badger, myself...
“If a conservative is a liberal who's been mugged,
a liberal is a conservative who's been arrested”
- Thomas Wolfe.
[JiF]ALargeWoodenBadger
Forum User

Post by [JiF]ALargeWoodenBadger »

It beats playing with yourself!
[JiF]Beezer
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Beezer »

JiF BF2 Sever???
Experience without theory is blind, but theory without experience is mere intellectual play.
-Immanuel Kant

ImageImage
[JiF]rIot
Forum User

Post by [JiF]rIot »

JiF 2142 server? and yeah it sucks, still cant use "odd" text in the name...someday...I hope...