EMPed of DOOM

Topic's about Some new game by EA
JPistol
Forum User

EMPed of DOOM

Post by JPistol »

My Gunship flying skills are good. Still need to work on my line up and lead time for the missles and don't get many chances to do Air to Air so would say my dog fighting skills are low.

Well last night was flying the gunship around S. Power Plant Titan mod. And the opposing team had all the silos as usuall. Made a pass on a walker. On the escape was hit by a emp charge, then another, then another. No matter what, as I tried to climb the gunship kept slipping altittude. Before it was to late, tried to level out the gunship for a less pounding of a landing. Just when I was pitching the nose forward got hit again and my tail section made contact to the ground resulting in my death. :(

The gunship is ok and my only complaint is the heat seaking missiles, would rather them just be dead stick like shooting at ground forces. My pride and joy is flying the Transport. For awhile use to make a squad and called it JPAir.

* Just FYI, when the transport is low/mid hight and is EMP. Don't NOOB IT by bailing out with the Pod. Far too often do I get teamkills just for the fact that some yahoo got squished like a red grape under the transport. Then to get punnished for it makes me feel even better about it. :evil:
[JiF]AlbieDamned
Forum User

Post by [JiF]AlbieDamned »

I've died a bunch of times by spawning into a transport chopper only to have the pilot bail a second later, cause he was flying to a flag or something. I hate that.
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Post by [JiF][AARP]Grimp »

I love throwing hand EMPs at low hovering aircraft. I don't like it when 4 people then jump out and kick my butt through the electronic EMP haze.
I think they balanced the air/ground stuff pretty well. Not being much of a flyer I don't like it when aircraft dominate the game.
Seems to me it take a few missles too many to bring down aircraft :)
JPistol
Forum User

Post by JPistol »

Been there myself AlbieDamned. Why that never happens with JPAir. Except for when the pilot gets shot out of the cab. :(

NOOB IT is bit harsh but when you have a guy type. "I just got two air badges." Then pulls a stupid stunt as getting under the transport when it is falling down and punishes me...I'm just waiting for that instant kick from server for having a full transport.
JPistol
Forum User

Post by JPistol »

Grimp,

It is difficult now to be a air pilot in BF2142. Design of the craft itself and how it handles is just one hurdle. Then depending of the map's stationary roushk cannons, vehicals, not to mention infantry kits. It really isn't uncommon to see the gunship sitting, or just used as a quick transport.

Only point where gunships are a problem is when there are two people in it and no one dose anything about them. Soon someone gets the gumption to do something. Gunship has two choices stick around and possibly die or get the heck out of there.
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

I got an insta-ban on a BF2 server one time because some NOOB flew his chopper into an arty strike I had going. I could see it all happening on the commander map.
If it wasn't for it being stupid it would have been funny. My son was on the other team under the stike and saw it happen. He laughed his butt off. It blew a loaded chopper right out of the sky.
I think they removed the commander punish for it in later patches.

In 2142 I have been squished by pilots who yelled bail-out and then landed on me :evil: I pretty much never punish unless by mistake I hit the wrong button :oops:
I have found that most TKers are just making an error or are green. Not like the old days when they would just come on to ruin the server and think it was fun.
On the other side I have been punished for the most stupid things. I think many are just to quick to punish and they don't even know how they were killed.
[JiF]Smuckers
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Smuckers »

WOW this just happend to me. :twisted: I was comander and launched an emp stike at a tank and two walkers. I had 4 guys on the ground asking for it. Once I launched it along comes mister transport chopper and down it goes............An admin was flying the chopper and banned me. :evil:
[JiF][AARP]Jimbo
Site Admin

Post by [JiF][AARP]Jimbo »

You know I have never played or seen the game, but for someone to think you were good enough to aim at their chopper like that is crazy. You are probably better off not being on that server anymore.
[JiF]Sandretzky
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Sandretzky »

[JiF]Jimbo wrote:You know I have never played or seen the game, but for someone to think you were good enough to aim at their chopper like that is crazy. You are probably better off not being on that server anymore.
HERE HERE
WHO ME?
[JiF]Sandretzky
Forum User

[JiF]AlbieDamned wrote:I've died a bunch of times by spawning into a transport chopper only to have the pilot bail a second later, cause he was flying to a flag or something. I hate that.
There is no cute icon to display my feelings on this. Ive typed it in time after time(should set it up in a macro) WHAT KIND OF A MORON JUMPS FROM AN AIRCRAFT WITHOUT TELLING THE OTHER OCCUPANTS!!!??????
WHO ME?
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Umm.... Me :oops:
Of course I don't always know anyone is with me and sometimes its about to be blown up any way :roll:

Hey Sandy. That avatar of your dog tags looks familiar. Where have I see those before :wink:
[JiF]AlbieDamned
Forum User

Post by [JiF]AlbieDamned »

People have to realize that the transport choppers are mobile spawn points. So someone could appear in the chopper with you at any moment. Therefore the old tactic of getting to a flag quickly by flying to it and bailing out is not acceptable anymore.

Personally, I like the way FH handles it. They have a separate pilot class, and only pilots get parachutes. But pilots only get a pistol for a weapon. That pretty much eliminates the incentive to bail out.
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Don't get me wrong I don't bail out of a perfectly good aircraft :D
[JiF]Sandretzky
Forum User

[JiF][AARP]Grimp wrote:Umm.... Me :oops:
Of course I don't always know anyone is with me and sometimes its about to be blown up any way :roll:

Hey Sandy. That avatar of your dog tags looks familiar. Where have I see those before :wink:
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

:lol:
WHO ME?