Anybody out there

A place to talk about any Non-Political topics that are on your mind. Keep it clean please.
[JiF]Flying Tiger
Forum User

Re: Anybody out there

Post by [JiF]Flying Tiger »

Hey MC,

I'm not playing yet and I was kinda concerned that everyone had vanished, however I'm available for chat or in forums, but as soon as I get another rig, I'll be combing the archives to see who if anyone might like to do a reunion of sorts.

Anyway, hope all is well with you and yours, talk to later.

Regards,

FT
[JiF]Ziggy
[JiF] Founder

Post by [JiF]Ziggy »

Doing some file server cleanup and came across my old profile pic. Thought I'd check in and see if my login still worked. Seems that it does :thumbup: I do see a few of you on Steam from time to time, should probably take the time to chat eh? Still playing Quakelive mostly. Amazingly there are still a bunch of well used servers out there. Havent really found anything 'new' that grabbed me - though I did enjoy RDR2 (but thats not very new). FYI I moved to Vermont and now have full bidi gigabit fiber at the same price I was paying Comcrap for 300/6 in Mass. Go figure.

Glad to see that the board is still here. Happy Hannukah, Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year everyone. Oh, and Happy Boxing Day just in case Saint is still out there somewhere :D

[JiF]Ziggy
PS: Whats the idea of using SpamHaus as policy filter on board postings? I had to maneuver around it to post this.
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

Hi!

It has been a while since I have been on the board as well. Good to see some recent activity. :)

Still using Teamspeak!? Have you given Discord a try recently? I am on Discord most days, I may not be In a voice channel, but I am connected and see any chat messages posted to the server.

You can find the JiF Discord here: https://discord.gg/hWfYsvQUX2 (link never expires)

I'm still in NH, now working for the state in DoIT. I don't play too many games anymore, my time is spent with family, or working on projects. I do want to get back to the new WoW expansion at some point though. :) I've gotten into home automation and learning in my home lab lately.

Would be great to get together somehow for some old-time gaming fun.
ImageImage
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Post by [JiF][AARP]Grimp »

Hi,
Have not played anything for a month or so. Hands and fingers are getting old and thought not playing for a while might help.
I did get BFV when it was on sale bake in November . It's not bad. Doc and I had some fun for a couple days with it.
Ya still run and use a Teamspeak server. I do have Discord but rarely use it. Have it in case I need to use it for a game server I am playing on to get the rules. When playing with Jimbo and Pop Teamspeak is really all we need. I usually had Pop go in to a servers Discord to ask questions or get the rules :D
[JiF]Ziggy
[JiF] Founder

Post by [JiF]Ziggy »

I understand about the hands. I have to take breaks every now and again too. I've caught myself not supporting my mouse arm properly though, and that just makes things worse. Then again, the keyboard hand will sometime just ache too. Didn't have that problem during those LAN parties on Foster St :) So yeah, still playing QuakeLive mostly (proudly wearing the JiF tag). And RDR II again :)

Has anyone tried Hell Let Loose? I watched it a bit on Twitch. It seems kind of like an upleveled BF. I'm not sure if it's too much of a simulation and enough of a shooter for me. I need to watch it some more.
[JiF]major confusion
Forum User

Post by [JiF]major confusion »

Glad to see there is life here.
"You can't say civilization isn't advancing; in every war they kill you in a new way."
Will Rogers
Image[url=steam://friends/add/'.76561198080391609.']Image[/url]
[JiF]War Trophy
Forum User

Post by [JiF]War Trophy »

Been too long, and I really wanted to give a shout out to all my old JiF buddies, hoping that everyone is well and survived the strange times we've had to endure globally, from Covid to economic collapses and wars!
I don't game much anymore but have recently got into Code Of War, and am surprisingly good at it, thanks to all the practice I got trying to survive you scoundrels in the days of BF42 :shoot:
Great to know my old log-in still works on the forum. Haven't changed my passwords in 20 years :roll:
Best wishes to all of ya!
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

I'm not dead yet. It's just a flesh wound :D

Hope all are well!
Happy Holidays JiFfers :wave:
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

I sometimes wonder if I should keep this site going. Good to see some people still visit. :)

Anyone else playing Helldiver 2? I'm having more fun than I have in a while with it. Was just watching a video with some tips and they pointed out a discount on it over at GreenManGaming. Use code FEB10 and get 17% off. Wish I had seen this when I bought it! I recommend the super citizen bundle though. I started with the $40 game and quickly added it on cause I liked the game.

https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/helldivers-2-pc/

I think...I'll start a new topic about this game. So much fun with other people! You can find me on Steam or on Discord. I know some of those old timers still use Teamspeak :evil:
ImageImage
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Been thinking about this one.
Doc, Jimbo, and I played the first one. It was fun. We all won the "Dancing Queen" Award.
That said Doc just build a new PC and he bought the new one. He could not get it to run hardly at all and returned it.
Jimbo noted that a streamer he watches was having the same problems. Apparently he could not run it at all but using his son's account on the same PC he could. Seems to be a lot of weirdness going on. I'm sure it will clear up.
Game is on my wish list still and will probably get it at some point :) If it's similar enough to the old top down version it should be a lot of fun. I would think best played with friends.
Funny as you started playing through it you start to realize you are the bad guys. At least in the original.
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

I've had some trouble with it myself. But over the last few days a couple patches have been released that have made those early issues non-existent. There was one issue when I first got it, that caused it to just sit at a black screen on opening. From what I read this was due to the servers being crushed by the huge demand. They never expected the game to be as popular as it is. I did find a way around it, by simply waiting about 45 minutes, but that bug is completely gone now. Plus they have added more capacity and an AFK timer so people can't just sit connected and not play. The last couple of days I have played, it has all worked very well. Still some bugs, but the core game works well and is a lot of fun! :shoot:
ImageImage
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Glad to hear they are straightening it out.