No Steve Irwin!!!

A place to talk about any Non-Political topics that are on your mind. Keep it clean please.
[JiF]Beezer
Forum User

No Steve Irwin!!!

Post by [JiF]Beezer »

Steve Irwin, the TV host known as the "Crocodile Hunter," has died after being stung by a stingray
off Australia's north coast. Irwin, 44 was killed by a stingray barb that went through his chest,
according to police sources. Irwin was filming an underwater documentary at the time.(cnn)

I'll Miss your insite on the eastern dimondback rattler, or the beautiful fresh water Crock. You were
the man bud!!!

Read more here http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/09/0 ... index.html

RIP Steve 9/04/06
Experience without theory is blind, but theory without experience is mere intellectual play.
-Immanuel Kant

ImageImage
[JiF]DispDave
Forum User

Post by [JiF]DispDave »

Crikey!
[JiF]Timmay!
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Timmay! »

:(
[JiF]Chosser
New User

Post by [JiF]Chosser »

I must say I am sorry to hear that this happened... but am I really surprised?
[JiF]Bier
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Bier »

Irwin was at Batt Reef, off the remote coast of northeastern Queensland state, shooting a segment for a series called "Ocean's Deadliest" when he swam too close to one of the animals, which have a poisonous barb on their tails, his friend and colleague John Stainton said.

"He came on top of the stingray and the stingray's barb went up and into his chest and put a hole into his heart," said Stainton, who was on board Irwin's boat at the time.

Crew members aboard the boat, Croc One, called emergency services in the nearest city, Cairns, and administered CPR as they rushed the boat to nearby Low Isle to meet a rescue helicopter. Medical staff pronounced Irwin dead when they arrived a short time later, Stainton said, adding that he probably died instantly.

"It became clear fairly soon that he had non-survivable injuries," Dr. Ed O'Loughlin, who treated Irwin, told Australian television. "He had a penetrating injury to the left front of his chest. He had lost his pulse and wasn't breathing."

:shock:
.ImageImage
[JiF]Stepovich
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Stepovich »

I find this particularly sad.
No, it's not surprising given the way he lived- but still
what a way to go!
I heard of his death and expected it to be some mishap
with a gator or poisonous snake.
But a freak, spot-on shot from a ray? Astounding.
Leave it to him to go out with such a flourish.
It was really a miraculous shot- could have hit him
just about anywhere else and he would have survived.

Very sad...especially for his wife and child.
“If a conservative is a liberal who's been mugged,
a liberal is a conservative who's been arrested”
- Thomas Wolfe.
[JiF]bigjohnson
Forum User

Post by [JiF]bigjohnson »

I heard about this monday morning and I was like... dude that sucks. I feel bad that he never got to train his son or daughter. I guess he should have stuck to crocs.
[JiF]DispDave
Forum User

Post by [JiF]DispDave »

As quoted on another website - and I don't disagree:

Goes to show ya folks, you can only jam your thumb in Mother Nature's butthole so many times before she gets really-really-REALLY pissed off.
[JiF]Stepovich
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Stepovich »

[JiF]DispDave wrote:As quoted on another website - and I don't disagree:

Goes to show ya folks, you can only jam your thumb in Mother Nature's butthole so many times before she gets really-really-REALLY pissed off.
:lol:
That was one damn good South Park!
“If a conservative is a liberal who's been mugged,
a liberal is a conservative who's been arrested”
- Thomas Wolfe.
[JiF]Antman
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Antman »

I used to watch him and Jeff Corwin all the time as a kid, back when they both where on Discovery.
While I can appreciate the irony of the situation (just barely)... he was an outstanding spokesperson and educator, bringing to the public's attention the importance of environmental conservation and an appreciation to the often misunderstood. His attitude and charisma were unique and his approach to "crock wranglin' " will be missed. What an undeserving way for him to go out.
Tunbuz
New User

Post by Tunbuz »

Too early...