One of the most Canadian headlines I've ever seen

A place to talk about any Non-Political topics that are on your mind. Keep it clean please.
[JiF]ALargeWoodenBadger
Forum User

One of the most Canadian headlines I've ever seen

Post by [JiF]ALargeWoodenBadger »

Man punches cougar to save dog behind Whitecourt Tim Hortons
The electrical subcontractor from Red Deer, Alta., was driving northwest with his brother Thomas on Boxing Day to get to work in Grande Prairie. About 6:30 p.m., they stopped at a Tim Hortons in Whitecourt to meet a friend for coffee.

Gibb let his two dogs out of his truck for a bathroom break near a wooded area at the back of a parking lot and it wasn’t long before he heard one of them crying in pain.

He quickly ran into the trees, where his five-year-old husky Sasha was on the ground.

“I saw this thing on top of her,” said the 31-year-old. “So I ran over and punched it in the head, thinking maybe it was a coyote or something.”

When the animal jumped off, Gibb said, he realized it was a cougar.
In most place in the world you would assume he was beating up a sexy older women Eh?
"Oh god, I've never been so happy to be beaten up by a woman"
Captain Zapp Brannigan
[JiF][AARP]Tissueman

Re: One of the most Canadian headlines I've ever seen

Post by [JiF][AARP]Tissueman »

Tim Hortons, Boxing Day, a husky and punching a cougar - Yep, that is definitely Canada!
Ensuring the security of Western Democracy through superior tissue products.
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Post by [JiF][AARP]Grimp »

Hmm... wonder if Sasha will run from every kitty she meets from now on or tear them to shreds.

My childhood dog was intentionally run over by a car and hurt pretty bad. He was with me on my paper route and a car swerved at him. Ran right over him. It was a horrible scene. Broke his back. As soon as he recovered he would chase and bite the tires of every moving car he could. Pretty much got himself grounded from then on. Not saying he was the brightest dog but he never forgot what they had done to him.

Well that reminds me of another story about my dog before he hated moving cars. One day Charlie (the dog) was laying in the middle of the neighborhood road. There was no traffic at all back in those days. 5 cars would leave in the morning and 5 would come back at night. Along comes a police car. It stops and beeps a few times then the siren comes on to get the dog to move. Dog just lays there. We (the kids) are peeking out the window watching not wanting the police to see us and arrest us. Anyway the officer gets out of the car goes up to the dog and pokes him with his shoe to get him up. Dog gets up gets a nice pat. He then goes over to the police cars open door gets in and lays down. We watch the officer try to get the dog out for about 5 minutes laughing our butts off. He was saying come on Charlie get out. Charlie had a reputation so was known to the two police officers we had back then. We are at the same time afraid we are going to jail for this. Finally my mother comes up from the basement asks what is going on and we show her. She tries to get us to go out and take care of it but we are sure we are in big trouble with the police and refuse to go out. Poor mom had to go out to rescue the officer and take the heat. Good ole mom! Not gonna say we did not try to get the dog to lay in the road again the next day :D
[JiF]ALargeWoodenBadger
Forum User

Ok, it seems nature is playing oneupism. This was a featured story yesterday on CTV.
Moose trio make coffee run at Tim Hortons drive-thru in Newfoundland

... That’s when the couple saw three moose moving around behind the pet shop in a caged area where the garbage dumpsters were located. Mullaly guessed that the trio were there rooting around for discarded pet food.
Eventually, the trio of moose walked over to the nearby gas station’s Tim Hortons drive-thru. Mullaly said he started filming the scene on his cell phone because it seemed “ironic.
I am just waiting for a story about a group of poutine eating beavers apologizing for yelling too loud during a Leafs hockey game. The outrage occurred when the Washington Capitals tried to pass off french fries with scallions and red peepers as "poutine" during their “Caps Canadian Night" (this part is true)
I guess we had a few too many brews Eh?" said the lead rodent pointing has flask of maple syrup at the near empty two-four of Moosehead Lager. But there is no jezzus way dat's poutine eH?
Captain Zapp Brannigan
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Post by [JiF][AARP]Grimp »

You need to get those animals under control!!!
:D
[JiF]ALargeWoodenBadger
Forum User

OMG - its happen again! This was published in The Huffington Post just four days ago.
Toronto Convenience Store's Chocolate-Stealing Squirrels Caught On Tape

These squirrels are out of control.

A Toronto convenience store named Luke's Grocery is asking Reddit for advice on how to curb its theft problem — theft by squirrels, that is.

Jenny Kim, whose dad owns the store, told The Huffington Post Canada that they've lost about two boxes of chocolate bars (that's 48 bars, if you're counting) in less than a year.

Each time, a squirrel hurries into the store, grabs a bar and scurries out. And there is incriminating video of one squirrel fleeing with a Crunchie bar in its mouth.
Living with Mini Badger is making me paranoid.
Captain Zapp Brannigan
[JiF]major confusion
Forum User

Post by [JiF]major confusion »

Anything on Bigfoot? :hah:
"You can't say civilization isn't advancing; in every war they kill you in a new way."
Will Rogers
Image[url=steam://friends/add/'.76561198080391609.']Image[/url]