PAX East 2017 + BYOC

Want to get together to have some fun? No this is not a dating forum, but Lan Parties, Paintball, Cookouts, etc.
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

PAX East 2017 + BYOC

Post by [JiF][AARP]Grimp »

PAX East 2017 + BYOC

Sent: Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:33 pm
Recipient: [JiF][AARP]Grimp

Hi Grimp,

Hope all is well with you.

Yes, it's my annual inquiry with [Jif] for any attendees of PAX East + BYOC for Mar 10-12, 2017. The tickets went on sale last week so if you did not buy them they may be gone or gone very soon. Last year was a good one and looks like this year should be another good one.

I have connected with one of the local Intel LANFest guys and they hope to do a better job at BYOC this year. I know they would like to host some events locally but are in need of a venue. I'm trying to get them some donated servers to use for the event this year so we'll see how that goes.

Let me know if you are interested or any other JiF members plan on attending.

Get slack,
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Re: PAX East 2017 + BYOC

Post by [JiF][AARP]Grimp »

Sent: Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:30 pm
by devnull

I know they supported a LAN Steam network last year. Not many of the newer titles on that e.g. TF2. There is internet access so you can connect to an external server. One of the reasons I am trying to get some servers donated to LANFest team is so they can host servers in the LAN network for those games that support it. I actually ran a 7DTD server from my home and we connected to that but if we could host it locally that would be awesome. They won't publish any sort of list in advance but you can use the forums to informally poll people to see what they want to play. The other option is to tie into the PC Play area's game server farm since it is quite large and diverse. I'll be inquiring with LANFest team to see if they can do this.

Be great if some more local mature gamers attended i can only deal with the punks*get off my lawn* to a certain point.

dev

Sent: Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:48 am
by [JiF][AARP]Grimp

Hey,

What games do they play seems all new ones need online and not dedicated servers?

Thanks
[JiF]Rhykin
JiF Member

Post by [JiF]Rhykin »

:shock: - A PAX East 2017 thread !!

Guess I should mention, much like I do each year, that I will be attending PAX East for all three days. I will be going with Vokyous as usual (if you remember him from the Nor'easters long ago..). I went last year for only Friday and Saturday and all the talks we wanted to attend were on Sunday! :|

We'll *likely* buy BYOC tickets but have not done so yet. If we do, we might still roll in with laptops from 2002 to play some classic games like we've done years prior. Hauling actual PCs to downtown Boston is a PITA. Much better when the LAN parties were located just outside Boston along I-95. I still don't understand how people can bring their hardware into the Convention Center. Where can you even park to offload the equipment?

I still wait for the days when a LAN party returns to Wilmington.. or anywhere where I can put my computer in a car and drive it to the destination with relative ease.