Battlefield 1 - Post Day 1

A place to talk about games in general
[JiF]LtWaterboy
Forum User

Battlefield 1 - Post Day 1

Post by [JiF]LtWaterboy »

Ok everyone,

Thought I'd start a new thread for Battlefield 1 - consider it a "post start up" thread! lol :)

They were having early server problems on Day 1 - looks like now they were up and running. 64 person ones were a bit laggy even with high speed internet at 120 Mbps. made game play a bit rough.

Nice campaign mode (for when none of you bums are online and I'm bored!). Storyline and action so far are fun.

If anyone figures out where a list of the icons are for the minimap/HUD, let me know.

FYI - My call sign is simply LtWaterboy (no Jif tag or spaces).

Please reply to this post once you get the game and with your sign in name so i can add ya to the personal friends list in Origin.

Definitely much more realistic with the speed of loading ammo (specially bolt action rifles), Mark V tank driving, etc - so hard now to get use to that again!! So many different weapons and options a fella can get lost with - even riding horse geesh!

Ok anything on this topic, let me know - guess 'I'll be your Huckleberry'...for now! ROFL!!! :)

LTWB
[JiF]MiniBadger
Forum User

Re: Battlefield 1 - Post Day 1

Post by [JiF]MiniBadger »

I don't know if I should be proud or ashamed but I've already logged atleast 14 hours on the game (couldn't sleep, I SWEAR). It's great. Clearly well optimized but I'm still hoping for more optimization :roll:

I'm just called "MiniBadger" :D

JOIN ME
Hello there
[JiF]LtWaterboy
Forum User

dang! 14 hrs already!?!?!

heck that's what it felt like it took to install! lol

sent u a friend request.

were the servers laggy for u too?

LTWB
[JiF]ALargeWoodenBadger
Forum User

Post by [JiF]ALargeWoodenBadger »

Hey Waterboy. Tried to join you today without much luck. Myself and Mini spotted Doc playing and joined his server for a bit. I stumbled around not knowing witch way to point, kept getting lost in the smoke, chocking on gas while I searched for the 'T' key on my keyboard to don my gas mask. I spent the first five minutes absolutely lost cursing Mini for talking me into buying this game. Finally, I find my very first bad guy and throw a grenade into his position and KaBoom! PFC-Doc is dead. :) My very first kill. Suddenly I'm thinking this could be a great game.

Now I'm not stupid and I knew I would pay for my good fortune so I immediately switched teams and joined Doc's squad. Not only could he not get even he had to protect me as his squad mate. All-in-all a good day.
"Oh god, I've never been so happy to be beaten up by a woman"
Captain Zapp Brannigan
[JiF]LtWaterboy
Forum User

Badge,

what's your call sign? were u XLWoodenBadger or something to that extent?

yeah, I tried to stay online but it was too painful.

felt like i was operating a snail or slug, got one kill (miraculously!) but basically died within 30 secs every time i spawned.

even my campaign mode has bugs, freeze ups and serious lags.

guess my 7-yr old super computer is no longer good enough for these games (even with high speed internet).

I'm already near the same conclusion where u were at - why the heck did i buy this! ROFL....

LTWB
[JiF]LtWaterboy
Forum User

FYI - I've given up on the 64-person servers. even with a very low ping rate (30 or so), it still is crawling so slow that it is not worth it.

Havent found yet any 32 or 48 person ones to try, but the 24-person size server seems to be okay (only tried this when noone else was in there - not sure if it will work once full).

so close right now to uninstalling it and origin (forgot how bad that is, worse than steam!)

LTWB
[JiF]MiniBadger
Forum User

I'm sorry about your performance issues. I'll look for the icons (I know what they are but it's hard to describe most of them) and when I find them I'll edit them into this post. I have a feeling they'll optimize the game atleast a bit more. And also, rush is a ton of fun so don't feel too bad about not getting on all the conquest servers, I love rush so much lol. Also domination works, it's mini-conquest (heh, mini-conquest)
Tdoxs5Bsmall.jpg
Hello there
[JiF]ALargeWoodenBadger
Forum User

My Origin name still is XLWoodenBadger. The "invite to party" and "join" buttons seem to be iffy.

I'm avoiding the 64 person servers because it's just too hectic. Spawn, die, repeat. You don't have the time to orient yourself before the lead starts flying. Fortunately I am an expert at catching lead, (sometimes I even get a chance to pitch some of my own - although its often high and outside. Damn strikezone).
Captain Zapp Brannigan
[JiF]LtWaterboy
Forum User

Badges (heehee!),

I've already quit and uninstalled the game from my computer.

Even on the 24-person server (which performed better) if u take one step, you get killed by people who already have "ranked up".

I so badly hate how all these newer games have gone to this approach.

I really really miss the old days of BF42 when you were only as good as you were ON YOUR OWN without the help of buying rank ups or playing ungodly # of hrs to buildup your character. It's just ridiculous.... :(

Now I really understand the new South Park episodes with the "member berries"! ROFL!!!! :)

Oh well - glad I just bought another 2000 rds of ammo to shoot things for real!!! better $$ and time spent at the range with zombie and exploding targets!

LTWB
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Post by [JiF][AARP]Grimp »

I got the game. I did not buy it myself so I have maintained my EA ban. I have maintained my principles :roll:

Looks nice, is fun, Nvidia driver crashes a lot so far though :(
In the end it is pretty much the same as any BF. Just looks better.
[JiF]MiniBadger
Forum User

I remembered to change my name to -JiF-MiniBadger, so yay for that. This is the first time I've done great in a Battlefield game :lol: I really enjoy the rifles, its fun to land those headshots :shoot: :twisted: It's very fun to play in a squad so if you guys ever see me online (hard not to 'cause I am 24/7 lol) then just message me on origin and we can play together, or just join my game, that works too. I'm still working on the badger logo with the JiF hat and the Kolibri in hand.
Hello there
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

BF Crash-O-Matic :roll:

Still having major NVIDIA DX crash problems with some cards. Very frustrating. According to the forums even goat sacrifice will not fix it. I have been checking the local craigslist for a goat as a backup plan. Don't want a nice goat but I might be able to kill a nasty old nanny goat. It will give me something to do while waiting for them to fix it. Not clear to me at this point if it is a driver or game issue. Although I am thinking game as I have run out of NVIDIA drivers to try. TONS of suggested fixes and a few I made up on my own. None of them work for long. Hmmm.... maybe a sheep instead of a goat. I would prefer a pig but then I would eat it and that's really not much of a sacrifice is it.
Oh well off to build an altar and sharpen my ritual knife. What do you think? Marble? Granite? AMD/ATI card?
[JiF]ALargeWoodenBadger
Forum User

lol. Even joke about a "goat sacrifice" and PETA will be all over you. Maybe you can sacrifice something they don't care about? According to today's Chicago Tribune angry white males are out of fashion.
Captain Zapp Brannigan
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Okay so maybe Jimbo or Pop. They are angry and old but then I won't have anyone to play with that's as bad as I am. Jimbo lives closer but Pop does not have BF1.
I will have to think about it :foch:

Wait I don't actually know what color Pop is. I do know he is old and angry. Then again he could be a girl working for the FBI trying to get Jimbo in trouble.

I think Jimbo better protect his objective A for a couple weeks. He is within driving distance and I know he is an angry white guy.

Nah goat should do it. I am going home now to play start BF1 over and over. Its addicting :viva:
[JiF]MiniBadger
Forum User

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2cvMaNs6MY[/video]

Here's my first Battlefield 1 video! YAY
Hello there