Any Mustang fans?

A place to talk about any Non-Political topics that are on your mind. Keep it clean please.
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Any Mustang fans?

Post by [JiF]Mike »

I picked this up a few weeks ago from Craigslist and I am really loving it. 2004 Ford Mustang GT convertible.

I took a bit of a chance buying it without having it looked at first by a mechanic, but I hoped I knew enough to make a good choice. I looked at a lot and drove all over the place. It was inspected last week and passed without major issue. Mechanic actually said it was in great shape, and looked well cared for.

Now I need to decide what I want to upgrade! The engine is all stock (well except for the high flow K&N air filter I installed!) was wondering if anyone had suggestions. :)
ImageImage
[JiF]KellysHero
Forum User

Re: Any Mustang fans?

Post by [JiF]KellysHero »

Looks like a lot of fun. I had an '06 GT for a few years before getting married and having kids. Hard to get a car seat or two in there! Don't have a lot of info on the '04's, but for the '06's, a cold air intake and having the engine dyno tuned typically gave them a good kick (extra 25 hp) for under $1000. Maybe throw in some exhaust work as well. Now if you had about $6000, a supercharger was next for an extra 100 HP. I kept mine stock as I was waiting to get out of the warranty period until adding the cold air intake and getting it tuned. Maybe once the kids are out of high school, I'll look again and pick up a 2030!
Attachments
hdmstng.jpg
You've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?
[JiF][AARP]Tissueman

Post by [JiF][AARP]Tissueman »

Lucky! I like it.
Ensuring the security of Western Democracy through superior tissue products.
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

You may be surprised what you can buy these older models for, I picked this one up for $6,700. No small amount, but when you look at the newer ones costing around $50k, it's a bargain! My list of upgrades/fixes is growing steadily. There are some minor cosmetic defects I'd like to take care of, and I am thinking about a cold air intake, and a tune. All in good time though. :) It did come with a Flowmaster exhaust which sounds great, but I know very little about it. A guy at the local parts store suggested the super charger, I'd love to go there, but it probably cost more than what I paid for the car lol! Since I got my Stang I have been fairly obsessed with the Velocity channel on TV. Watching all those shows has me very interested in rebuilding/restoring older cars. It'll be a great hobby to have when I retire in like ... eek.. 25-30 years. :hah:
ImageImage