New Return to Forum

Please introduce yourself here after you have joined the forum so we know your not a bot. Thanks! Once you have introduced yourself your permissions will be upgraded.
kologik
Repeat Visitor

New Return to Forum

Post by kologik »

Hey everyone.

I was on the forum here a few years ago, used to play on your BF1942 server quite a bit. Long story short, computer died and I went the company laptop route for a few years... that along with a family kept me off of 1942. Just got a new comp. with Windows 10, tried to reinstall my 1942 and alas, It is no longer compatible. I guess we all get old and outdated. IS there anyone still playing 1942 or a way to play it on the newer windows? What has everyone moved to? I always enjoyed playing the JIF's server and the people on it.
[JiF][AARP]Tissueman

Re: New Return to Forum

Post by [JiF][AARP]Tissueman »

Welcome back. I know there were a few playing BF42 in the last year or so, but I don't know if they still are. You might look over the links on this page for help setting up:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-19 ... field-1942

I miss the 'good old days' when we had 20 -30 JiF'ers playing BF42, but that ship has sailed. It may take a few days as we don't get as much traffic here as we used to, but I'm sure someone will stop by and let you know if anyone is still playing and they might even be able to help you get set up.

Grimp, Jimbo, Doc and Pop play some games together. They pick something that seems interesting and run it on a server for a while until something else grabs their fancy. Mike has a small group playing some games too. They should chime in and let you know what they are playing. I took a hiatus from playing once my kids started having kids. They all live out of town so I'm on the road visiting grandkids so much that sustaining game play took a back seat. So I have to agree with your statement that we all get old and outdated. On another note, I'm glad to hear that you concentrated on family. The years with children around are the great years and pass so quickly. I find it hard to believe that I've got grandkids now.

Good luck, Tissue
Ensuring the security of Western Democracy through superior tissue products.