JiF F.O.G. Server

What's playing on JiF F.O.G. Server.

[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Re: JiF F.O.G. Server

Post by [JiF][AARP]Grimp »

Server name has been changed a bit to reflect some of the settings. JiF F.O.G. Prim + PVP [10xT 2xXP 1/2FWD 2XR]
Frenchy believes it will help attract players to come kill us :shoot:
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

What it means is Ark Primitive Plus - Player vs Player - 10 times taming speed - 2 times experience points earned - food water depletes at half the normal rate and 2 times resource collection.

It has a couple other tweaks. I don't remember them all. Night time is 1/2 that of daylight though.
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Hi,
With the new expansion pack Primitive Plus is horribly broken. Undaunted by the set back Jimbo went out and bought the expansion forcing the rest of us to follow. The server is now running Ark Scorched Earth DLC with very scary dragons :shock:
They are scary. One sent out a lightening bolt that cooked my eagle in mid air. If it was not so cool I would have rage quit again :shock:
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Currently the JiF F.O.G. server is not running any games. It was not being used as we have been toying with other things without dedicated private servers. It is running a TS server still.
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Oh if you want one of the servers brought up just let me know.
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

We are now running a 7 Days to Die server on JiF F.O.G.
In the server browser it is JiF F.O.G. 7DtD password it 1.
As always I have no idea how long we will be running it. Had a good sale 2 for $16. I think the sale is over now though.

Oh ya TS server is running there too. grimp.ddns.net
[JiF]ALargeWoodenBadger
Forum User

Post by [JiF]ALargeWoodenBadger »

Hi Grimp,

I have neither the budget nor the energy to keep up with the number of different games you run. Nine times out of ten I have to Google the name to figure out what you are playing - or I ask Mini and he gives a quick run down (while rolling his eyes with that 'duh' everyone knows that expression - teenagers). I keep checking with the hope that someday our gaming libraries will be in sync. I'm getting tired of being Mini's favorite victim - even when we are on the same team he finds a way to get me killed.

The other night he leapt out of the plane he was flying without a word to his tail gunner. Splat. (again) This has been true of tanks, cars, motorcycles and virtually anything two players can fit into. After I refused to share any transport with him he devised a whole new way to get me killed.

Last night I managed to find a location where the enemy would pass me by exposing their backs long enough for me empty a clip into them. I play supply because my aim is so bad it usually takes a clip per back. Even with the MG15 suppressive 200 round capacity I got maybe two kills in me with replenishment. It's not easy to suck this bad but with effort and practice I've managed to do it. Anyway - I'm hiding in this spot where the enemy would pass me by and it's working I've got 12 kills and 1 death, health 100% and an unlimited supply of ammo. Best game ever. I look up and I see Mini coming towards in a sprint and trailing him is about half the other team. I don't know what he's done to anger them so... wait maybe I do. He leaps over my oh so perfect spot and disappears around the corner. Safe to annoy again. I'm forced to empty my 200 rounds into the surging masses at the same time hurling grenades and curses. I think I might have winged a guy.

I could not get back to my oh so perfect spot and I finished the map with 13 kills and 17 deaths. It's not the deaths that hurt though, it's the giggling.
"Oh god, I've never been so happy to be beaten up by a woman"
Captain Zapp Brannigan
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

LOl, it would not change if you played with us all the time. We find many ways to get each other killed. Today there was a zombie beating down our back door. It was a screamer. Which is kind of a zombie scout who will locate you and call in more. Rather than going out the front and running around back to get the screamer to stop beating our house down. Ya they totally beat the doors and walls right down. Pop runs up to the back door and promptly opens it letting the nasty women in our home. Not so bad we take care of her rather quickly BUT her buddies are not far behind rushing in the door. Mayhem follows. That is why we cannot have nice things. Not to pick on Pop we all do it. Well except for me I am pretty perfect.

We only got the game because it was on sale for $10 or 2 for $16. I think it has been in early release for a decade.
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

[JiF][AARP]Grimp wrote:Oh ya TS server is running there too. grimp.ddns.net
Booo! Discord is betta! :cool:
ImageImage
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

That is probably true. It's Jimbo's fault we don't use it :roll:
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

I think my favorite difference is the text chat. It's persistent, so even if your offline you can see the chat later. Plus you can post images and videos directly.

(BTW that's a nuclear reactor inside one block with a computer display on the left in gold for status and control)

I know change is hard, but I have faith you can do it. lol
ImageImage
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Well that is pretty cool.
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

JiF F.O.G. Server RS2 Vietnam

Hi,

Rising Storm 2: Vietnam is supposedly releasing the dedicated server files for May 11th beta. Anyone who has played the previous closed beta or pre-purchase the game is going to be able to play. If the server files do get released the JiF F.O.G. server will be running it :viva:
Won't be a private server for now at least.
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

The beta server files have been released. It is installed and running on JiF F.O.G. server. No way to test it yet. Beta game files are supposed to be released tomorrow at 1 Eastern I believe.
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Just to update on Rising Storm 2 Vietnam. I have not gotten to play but the server has been up all day with 28 to 32 players. Beta was released about 1PM Eastern so I have not been able to play because of work. Jimbo, Pop, Smuckers have played. Doc played for a few minutes before work too. Have not heard any complaints about the game from them yet ;)