Arma 3 Breaking Point Mod

[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Arma 3 Breaking Point Mod

Post by [JiF][AARP]Grimp »

Doc, Pop and I have been playing an alpha mod on Arma 3 called Breaking Point. Pretty much DayZ on Arma 3. Still new with out a lot of features but fun just the same.
I ambushed 3 bandits today with Pop. It felt like murder. I was shaking for 45 minutes :twisted: Still trying to justify it in my mind and they were bad guys. Maybe I play to much :)
Of course it was after I hit a shallow rock with our rusty old speed boat in some very intense fog and broke the engine. I think I busted the hull too.
We also killed a couple sheep for sport. We didn't even eat them. I know it's shameful.

Another chance for me to say I have a gift version of Arma 3 for sale from my Steam account. Make me an offer. Got two for my birthday or Christmas.
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Re: Arma 3 Breaking Point Mod

Vehicle fix list.
Get a toolbox, get to the vehicle you're trying to repair, scroll down and you'll see the options to repair: Body, Fuel, Glasses, Wheels, Engine, Hrotor, VRotor, and Avionics (in case you're trying to repair a chopper).

Now the things you'll need:

Red Wheels - Worn Tire;

Yellow Wheels - Tire Repair Kit (you can shoot it as well if you cba to find a tire repair kit, and then replace the wheel with a worn tire [RF stands for right front RF2 stands for right back wheel, and vice versa)

Red Engine - Starter Motor;

Yellow Engine - Engine Coolant;

Red Glasses - Toughened Glass Panel;

Yellow Glasses - Liquid Resin;

Red Body - Fiberglass Panel;

Yellow Body - Duct Tape;

Red Fuel - Fuel Hose Kit;

Yellow Fuel - Waterproof Tape;

Red Avionics - Electronics Board;

Yellow Avionics - Electrical Wire;

Red HRotor and Vrotor - Hydraulic Cylinder;

Yellow HRotor and Vrotor - Hydraulic Fluid (I've never seen an helicopter with yellow rotors tbh)

Now, if the vehicle is on his spawn location, it won't have any fuel, so you'll need to loot some Fuel Cans and get to the nearest Gas Station, open your inventory and then click twice on Fuel Can (Empty) and it will fill the can, you can also Syphon Fuel from another vehicle, just go near the vehicle with gas, scroll and click Syphon Fuel.

If you keep repairing stuff and the HUD on the left top corner is all ways yellow, you better unload all the inventory to another place because the car might blow up on restart.
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

My extra copy of Arma 3 has been sold.
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

In Breaking Point mod you can take someone hostage if you have duct tape to bind their hands. Doc and I were messing around in a building and at the same time took each other hostage. Well we couldn't move, shoot or do anything. Zombies were pouring in. We yelled to Pop for help.
As he is running in I said I have a cut option now, but it failed to break my bonds. Pop ran right up to me and selected cut which turned out to be the gut option. Ya a g looks a lot like a c, doesn't it? Yep gutted me right there on the spot. I am not sure if he then ate me or not. He won't talk about it.
As a penalty he became a traitor. Recognizable by the lack of a Ranger hat. There are big points for killing traitors so when I spawned in again and got back to them we decided I would execute him. Well I shot him right in the head and then lost points too.
Apparently there is also a penalty also for shooting someone who's invitation to his group you have just accepted. This is why we need stricter old people control laws.
[JiF][AARP]Tissueman

Post by [JiF][AARP]Tissueman »

Sigh. You just could not make this stuff up.
Ensuring the security of Western Democracy through superior tissue products.
[JiF]pop51
Forum User

Post by [JiF]pop51 »

the best part is were still friends ......... I think :?
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Yep and we don't have to worry about other players or zombies killing us. We take care of it ourselves. You could put us on a game with just a white screen and no weapons and we would find a way to die :)
[JiF][AARP]Tissueman

Post by [JiF][AARP]Tissueman »

[JiF][AARP]Grimp wrote:Yep and we don't have to worry about other players or zombies killing us. We take care of it ourselves. You could put us on a game with just a white screen and no weapons and we would find a way to die :)
Tissuema'am believes that if you put me in a white room wearing white clothes and came back in 20 minutes everything would be dirty. She's probably right.

:)
Ensuring the security of Western Democracy through superior tissue products.
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

:)
[JiF]Uncle Stinky
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Uncle Stinky »

So I've got Arma3 on Steam. Does that I can download this mod and play with you guys? Or is 100 times more complicated than that?

FYI - Wildstar has been under constant DDOS attack anb the lag is game-killing.
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Yes sir. Go here http://thezombieinfection.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kind of a process, but not too bad. Easy installer, but you have to create an account.
[JiF]pop51
Forum User

Post by [JiF]pop51 »

Found two cars one at 283-252 the other is 60 meters or so due south of that one. both have gear, both run ;)
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Those are mine ;)

Well not really since I can't play :( Did you move and hide them?
[JiF]MiniBadger
Forum User

Post by [JiF]MiniBadger »

Update, the fuel truck me and doc found, i added a guy to the group and he was friendly, but he tried to tsteal the tire, i took the tire from him and he didn't realize, we need to get the truck out of there... (airfield)

-- Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:01 pm --

PS i got 2 mags for an m4
and an m4
and a tire
and i only have that 1 tire
and i need help
Hello there
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

I finally got back on Breaking Point for a bit this morning. I had an issue with my password. Okay I had a senior moment/week, but anyway I have been putting in tickets with them for several days to a week and not getting any replies. Used the forum reset my password links and no replies. Finally I found an email address for someone to ask about forum issues and emailed them. I got a very nice email back from their personal email address that confirmed they are having email issues. Also reset may password for me. Yeah, very nice to be back wasting my time playing!!!
Just thought I would pass it along just in case you have tried to put a ticket in with them and have not gotten any replies.