Titanfall

A place to talk about games in general
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Titanfall

Post by [JiF]Mike »

Kidss came over last night and we played for about 5 or 6 hours. I went to bed at 2:30! lol The game feels fresh and new, not the same ol game in a different skin. There's something very satisfying calling your titan down and jumping in, then laying waste to those around you. Granted their are other titans and sometimes I didn't last long, but it's still fun as hell.

One thing I did not expect was the ability to jump out of your titan, run into a building to cap a point and leave your titan in "guard mode." I've only used it a few times, but the titan will fight on its own while you are out of it, and try to stay close. I did this once, and the titan was a great distraction while I capped the point!

It's nice to finally see something new in one of these games. Looking forward to playing some more tonight after work. :shoot:

BTW.. Xbox one can now broadcast on twitch, so I'll be broadcasting as I play. There are two video from last night available on my channel now.

http://www.twitch.tv/jifmike" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ImageImage
[JiF]phantomx
Forum User

Re: Titanfall

Post by [JiF]phantomx »

I have been playing it on PC. Really like it. Find it even when you are not doing great you still get the satisfaction of killing grunts and spectre's. Wish there was more "friends" playing and find the joining of friends kind of clunky.'
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

I am kind of bummed I didn't get it for PC. I really suck with the controller lol. I seem to like shooting around people..... I had a credit on my Microsoft account from xmas I've been saving for this game. Was nice not paying full price out of pocket! I also have to admit, it's a lot nicer sitting on the couch than at my desk to play. :)

I am a little disappointed in the Twitch service on the XBox One. I can select from 3 different bandwidth choices to broadcast in, or I can test and have it set for me. There is no option to set it manually though. My bandwidth tested at less than the preset "low level." When I was broadcasting yesterday I had a lot of lag. When I stopped the broadcast the game got better, so I didn't broadcast much. I wish I had more control over the settings. :/ This is what I get for going console...
ImageImage
[JiF]KellysHero
Forum User

Post by [JiF]KellysHero »

Saw an ad and it is tempting, would be getting it for the PC. Then again, not sure when'll I'll play. My 3.5 year old should be in bed asleep (for an hour now), yet he is up crying about something...
You've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

Had my nephews over this weekend, my 8 year old of course, and my 2 older kids. We stayed up very late, passing the controller, taking turns each game with a goal of making level 50. Lots of Mt. Dew and Monster were consumed! We made lvl 50 just before we had to leave to drop my nephews back off Sunday night. The Xbox One Game DVR recorded the moment. I just wish the Kinect had also recorded the cheer that erupted when we finally made it! :shoot: For those of you who have not yet played, that ejection at the end is a "nuclear ejection." Basically upon ejection the titan blows up and can take anyone too close with it. It's a great way to get a few extra kills, or seriously weaken opponents.

I can't think of any other game, ever, where we have all sat for so many hours, happily watching someone else play waiting for our turn. This game is worth getting! I have even started getting used to playing with a controller, I'm not as good as the kids still, but my game has definitely improved. I still love my PC, but it sure is nice playing while leaned back in a recliner!

Below is a video highlight of some of the broadcast on twitch we did. We tried multiple times to broadcast our little party play. It just caused too much lag in the game. I've found a few suggestions on how to fix it, hopefully one of them works.

[video]http://www.twitch.tv/jifmike/c/3903326[/video]

[video]http://www.twitch.tv/jifmike/c/3903363[/video]

Fun weekend. :)
ImageImage
[JiF]Buick
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Buick »

I also have it on PC. Played it since the beta.
Gotta say I'm in love with this game. Like Mike said it's fresh and brings a little new but
yet some old school to the table.
Reminds me alot of Unreal Tournament with a little Team Fortress Classic back in the day.
Needs a little more multiplayer modes in the future but I liked playing the story mode with other players
it was a nice twist for singleplayer, if that makes sense :)
If you want to unlock the other Titans you have to finish the campaign as IMC and Militia.
Hope to see some other Jiffers playing.
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

Had a few fun moments yesterday afternoon. This one surprised even me! I was trying to drop my Titan on this one to kill it, but didn't think it would actually drop at just the right moment!

ImageImage
[JiF]Buick
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Buick »

Ya that is sweet! :D

-- Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:06 pm --

Nothing fancy...just after DAYS of struggling with Hypercam I went with good ol' FRAPS to finally get a video with synced sound working.
Just a test: Didn't come out as crispy as I play on PC but it is in 720p.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NundLeI ... e=youtu.be[/video]

-- Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:45 pm --

I've done this to plenty of others but it was first time done to me.....getting your arms ripped off and then beaten with them.
Watch in 720p

[video]http://youtu.be/1H8_4SdEuU4[/video]

-- Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:15 pm --

*bump*
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

Kinda quiet around here lately....

Finally had a good match in Titanfall last night. Upgraded our internet a little over the weekend and I've noticed I'm doing better. lol Only got killed once!

(twitch is having some issues today might take a minute to start video.)
I get a good kill streak within a few minutes. Later I eject from my titan and kill the other pilot who ejected in the air! Good times! :shoot:
[video]http://www.twitch.tv/jifmike/c/3951078[/video]
ImageImage
[JiF]Buick
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Buick »

Love that map in the video! I play mostly Hardpoint and on that map and it gets really intense.

I guess you and I will have to keep posting videos to entice the others to play..... ;(
Mike , if you ever think about buying it again get it on PC! :D
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

lol, I have given it some thought Buick! But I REALLY like sitting in the recliner while playing. 8)

I'm also kind of in love with how the XBox One broadcasts to Twitch. I just say "XBox Broadcast" and hit "A" to start it. They've done a lot of things right with this new XBox. As they designed it to be, it really has become the center of our entertainment system.

Buick you might want to try XSplit. They have a broadcasting program that is great, but they now have a Gamecaster as well. With it you can broadcast to various services or simply record your play to disk. I've used the broadcaster and it works wonderfully but has many features I don't really need. I just started using the Gamecaster for Minecraft and I've been very impressed with how easy it is to use.

Here's a video of me playing Minecraft a few days ago. Not exciting by any means, but you can see the quality of the stream it sent to Twitch. I was playing on an old laptop too, though it is a nice laptop still. :)
[video]http://www.twitch.tv/jifmike/b/513465864[/video]

Since I started using XSplit programs, I haven't used Fraps at all. The original Broadcaster does require a license to be useful, and it's a subscription, so that's a bit of a bummer (the broadcaster is very powerful though). I'm not sure if the new Gamecaster requires it or not, I don't think it does.

I love being able to share videos of great game moments! :)
ImageImage
[JiF]phantomx
Forum User

Post by [JiF]phantomx »

Buick, what is your origin name. Would love to play a few rounds with you. Not many of the contacts on my list are playing PC Titanfall. I like the game, but it there is something about playing with people you know.

mine is phantomx2005
[JiF]Buick
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Buick »

Ok Mike I will check that out. Might get an XBOX ONE in the near future but for now I'm back in PC land.
I really hear alot about how good Xbox has made streaming game play now with the ONE but also PS4 has done
a really good job of it also so it maybe a toss up.

Phantomx, my Origin name is Buik1.
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

It's actually a pretty easy decision between the two new systems. Do you want to have a console that is only good for games? Or do you want a system that will do a whole lot more? I admit I was nervous about hooking my XBox in between the TV and my satellite box, but I am so glad I did! It really has changed the way we interact with our TV. "XBox mute" is one of the greatest voice commands ever created lol. When I want to play Titanfall, I just pick up a controller and say "XBox go to Titanfall" and the games starts right up and I can play. It sounds simple, because it is. I'm of the opinion that everyone should buy an XBox One! You won't regret it. :)
ImageImage