Notebook purchase (and possible comeback ;))

Speaks for itself
[JiF]lini
Forum User

Notebook purchase (and possible comeback ;))

Post by [JiF]lini »

Hi guys (& gals, if applicable ;)),

as practically all of my computing hardware has become outdated to obsolete in the meantime, I really need to get a new notebook, and one candidate I'd so far favour would be the new/current Dell Latitude E6440 in the configuration with AMD/ATI graphis and medium hi-res screen, because I'd like a matte LCD - and as the notebook will mostly be in stationary use, I also like the i/o connectors are foremost distributed around the rear of the case. Another plus of the Dell would seem to be comparatively easy access to most of the innards for occasional maintenace or upgrade purposes. However, what I can't really judge anymore is how suitable the ATI/AMD graphics and the Haswell i5 processor would be for an occasional gamer like me, who would like to play the one or other newer game with his old JIF buddies again. And of course experiences and opinions on that Dell in particular would also be welcome.

So, what do you think?

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Re: Notebook purchase (and possible comeback ;))

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

I use a Dell & unless they have sorted the problem of USB drop out on newer machines I would not advise getting one.
I suffer numerous lock ups on the USB board when I am gaming which is a real negative.
I have not seen a fix with at least 3 years of owning this Laptop.
Google search your machine before you think about a purchase!!
[JiF]Daterminaytah
Forum User

Re: Notebook purchase (and possible comeback ;))

Post by [JiF]Daterminaytah »

I like dell but switched over to HP systems for the last 7 years I will say the HP pavilion laptop is a great buy and semi gamer professional editing laptop as well as affordable hp dv-6 or hp-dv7 are older models but may be in your price range I own the dv-6 it should be around 500$ American now check ebay for priceing