Leveling

A place for us to talk about World of Warcraft.
[JiF]rIot
Forum User

Leveling

Post by [JiF]rIot »

Just wanted opinions, cuz I am quite the noob at leveling. Which way is faster, spending the time to get quests done, or continuously killing things that are your level or higher??? I have played from about (an estimate) 10 hours and Im only level 14
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

There are a lot of theories about just that, and it really depends a bit about what class you are, what level you are, and if you are rested or not. At the lower levels on your first character doing the quests are by far the fastest why IMO because they kind of lead you around so you can find new areas. Later on you will get a feel for when it is time to quest, and when it is time to grind on mobs. Personally I quest because it is more fun , then when I only have a few bubbles left till a training level, I grind out the rest of the level. If you are the type that loves mind numbing activities then grinding may be for you, and it is probably the fastest way if you do not stop but you will miss out on a lot. When you have a lot of rested built up, like close to a level, grinding is fast. I will usually try to get into an instance if I have a lot of rested.
ImageImage
[JiF]Stepovich
Forum User

Re: Leveling

Post by [JiF]Stepovich »

[JiF]rIot wrote:Just wanted opinions, cuz I am quite the noob at leveling. Which way is faster, spending the time to get quests done, or continuously killing things that are your level or higher??? I have played from about (an estimate) 10 hours and Im only level 14
Shouldn't the question be which way is more enjoyable? That's why we play the games...right? ;)
[JiF]bigjohnson
Forum User

Post by [JiF]bigjohnson »

I think I'm just going to get WoW and hire some korean boy to get me a character to a reasonable level :wink:
[JiF]rIot
Forum User

Post by [JiF]rIot »

I am seriously thinking of doing that too, BJ, and for Step, WoW ISN'T fun until you get a mount, all this walking is killing my legs! I think Im'a do sum 2142 tonight, it's been to long, I MUST LEARN TO BALANCE MY GAMING BETWEEN FPS AND RPG...WoW kinda sucks you in like Obi Wan using jedi mind tricks....
[JiF][AARP]Jimbo
Site Admin

Post by [JiF][AARP]Jimbo »

For me it's the quests and the one thing I would say is moving from area to area to do quests so that you don't get bored with one area. I think that's how the dev's expect you to play to because most times you get to a point where you are to low a level for the quests you are getting in an area that you have been working for a while. You can grind and get higher so that you can do those quests (which is the way I did it with my first char) but later I found that if you go to another zone you can get quests that are your level which also gets you to the level faster so you can go back to where you were and then quest again. I am also finding that the new area's seem to have many more quests to get you leveled pretty quickly so I would go with the blood elves or darni and quest their new zones, I think you can get to level 20 in those area's before have to go out to then old area's. I do miss my mount.
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

WoW == World of Walkin

In the end it just takes time, no matter what ya do. As far as power leveling is concerned.....I can usually tell when someone bought a character/payed for it to be leveled cause they don't have a clue how to play it when it matters. :)
ImageImage
[JiF][AARP]Jimbo
Site Admin

Post by [JiF][AARP]Jimbo »

Yep the leveling process teaches you how to play the char.