WoW - how to ruin a game with an update

A place for us to talk about World of Warcraft.
[JiF]Uncle Stinky
Forum User

WoW - how to ruin a game with an update

Post by [JiF]Uncle Stinky »

I just let my WoW account expire, because it made no sens eot keep paying $15 for smoehting I no longer am interested in playing. And why the lack of interest? Becaue the last major update essentially made the entire exercise meaningless.

As many of you know, what keeps many people playing WoW is the grind to get better gear, so you can take on tougher dungeons. The items have levels, and it can take weeks if not months to eventually get your gear to a decent level. It's not just getting random drops in dungeons, it's also grinding reputation with a large number of factions through daily quests to get their special gear, and to earn more generic valor points you can spend.

Then along comes the Timless Isle update, which introduces a new zone that is literally full of loot just lying around in chests to the be taken. And the new loot is better than almost all the stuff you just spent months grinding to get. At this point, I had to ask - what is the point of running dungeons and dailies any more?

Imagine BF4 or WOT, where you can play a certain map and be assured of level upgrades and more advanced gear each time you play. Why would you bother grinding all the other maps?

Anyways, I used the cancellation to convince my wife to let me join the smartphone world; the $15 will be half my monthly bill under a T-Mobile plan.

I'll be playing mainly WOT these days, working on making my favoriate Tier 4-7 tanks uber through crew training and new perks.