DayZ Early Access Near?

[JiF][AARP]Grimp

DayZ Early Access Near?

Post by [JiF][AARP]Grimp »

A new package titled DayZ Early Access popped up today, with a handful of updates in recent hours. It's far from an official confirmation, but the timing would be perfect for an Early Access launch this Halloween.

There's a few crumbs of information to gain in the database registry. The DayZ Early Access package includes an app called DayZ - no surprises there - and also a DayZ Server app, so expect to be able to host private servers in the standalone game. It's also worth noting that DayZ Early Access is listed for the USA territory - not necessarily an indication that it won't be available in other regions, but just something to take note of.
I am hoping :viva:
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Re: DayZ Early Access Near?

Went to the steam database watching site and sure enough it's seems to be there.
Sub ID

Name
DayZ Early Access

Last Record Update
a day ago (October 22, 2013 – 10:28:11 UTC)

Last Change Number
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

I'll be onboard if I can be! :)

It's still one of the best games I've played in a long time.
ImageImage
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

I am hoping I can install and run a server:)
[JiF]FrenchAfroman
Forum User

Post by [JiF]FrenchAfroman »

Survivor Frenchy is ready for action. I will loot, set up a tent and have a wrm and cosi campfire.
If we make prisons a living hell for them, then we might just be sending out devils once they are released. Cruel methods to achieve discipline are a thing of the past! So, keep on dancing! Byron F. Garcia.
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

:)
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Sometimes I wish game developers would just shut up until the game is made :shh: :shh: :shh:
DayZ Standalone Creator Address Hype Train, No Release Date Just Yet

Post by Eorl @ 12:26pm 05/11/13 | 0 Comments

Creator of the very popular ArmA 2 DayZ mod has revealed that "all major components required for an alpha release" has been finished for the long-awaited DayZ Standalone release, however no release date has yet been determined. Speaking on Reddit (thanks Games.on.net), Dean "Rocket" Hall stated that while work for an alpha release may be complete, the hype train may want to slow down.

Hall revealed that while an alpha release is functional in theory, there is still a lot of testing that needs to be conducted to ensure "it provides the level of multiplayer performance and stability needed for us to have meaningful feedback from the experience."

"I want to simultaneously derail the hype train and then recover it, in saying that we have finished making the network bubble. In fact, we have finished all major components required for an alpha release. However, we need to make sure they have integrated okay, and perform basic testing (a kind of acceptance testing) to ensure that we have actually achieved what we thought."

Of course some eager fans have speculated that a release date may be known, though Rocket was quick to strike that flare of hope by confirming that no one at Bohemia Interactive knows of a release date, "because there is not one."

Maybe one day DayZ Standalone will be released, but until that day comes we will ahve to sit by patiently twiddling our thumbs.