Gav and his red-hot T-1 Heavy

[JiF]Uncle Stinky
Forum User

Gav and his red-hot T-1 Heavy

Post by [JiF]Uncle Stinky »

Last night, Gav racked up 8 kills on one map, and 9 on another, in his T-1. Actually, he had 9 kills on the first map, except one of them was a friendly.

So, reluctantly, I now feel I have to train up a T-1 to see what if I can do the same. Sometimes I feel like Mr. Toad (surely someone gets the allusion?).
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Re: Gav and his red-hot T-1 Heavy

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

2 totally different map scenarios.
First was a city battle with lots of maneuvering, followed by a move across country trying to use cover whilst fighting all the time (this was when I took out our useless light tank that was just running round the map doing nothing, twas an accident gov! he ran straight across my line of fire. Still his dead hull did then give me some cover, the most useful his tank had been all game!! :lol: ) then on to the flag to knock out their 3 artillery guns & capture the base.
Second was all about sitting in cover unseen picking off poor unfortunates who just don't have the patience to wait. :twisted:
Then once we had them down to 1 heavy & 3 arty left our last medium & my heavy made a move for their base. Tricky situation as it meant crossing a bridge in the open, followed by open ground, I knew their remaining heavy's last known position & guessed from experience where the arty would be. The medium lit up 1 arty but was quickly killed himself. I took out the arty & kept moving knowing I was highlighted for a few seconds. Took a shot from their heavy in my side, but I now knew exactly where he was & kept moving away from him in to cover. I waited a bit to see if the heavy would come after me, but he didn't show, so I took the decision to break cover & cap their base using a rock to shield myself from the heavy's position if i got spotted. Their 2 remaining arty broke cover, but our arty & I dealt with them. Then at last their KV1 came out of cover moving slowly through the waterway, perfect for the arty & I to finish him off & take the win. I had taken out 9 of their 15 tanks (I can't take all the credit though as it is a team game & you do rely on your team to highlight & damage tanks too, but it is a great feeling to do that well every now & then) You should have seen the row of medals I was awarded, my chest nearly wasn't big enough to pin them all on :D
Sometimes this game is as frustrating as hell, but a lot of the time it is great fun, especially when you get in a platoon with other Jiffers & having a laugh on TS. It is what gaming is all about!! :viva:
[JiF]Top321us
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Top321us »

Man I miss gaming with you guys. Winter is coming and things should slow down. Not looking forward to winter but sure am looking forward to getting back online with my brothers!
[JiF]Gib
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Gib »

WTG GAV!!!

was camping and getting drunk, sorry i missed it! :)

TOp, we have been wondering where the hell you've been. Jimbo's gone missing too, assume work is keeping you both away :(. hope you can join us again soon bud.
[JiF]Uncle Stinky
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Uncle Stinky »

The wrost thing was, after every kill Gav started singing "Rule Brittania." :viva: :viva:
[JiF]Lt Gav
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Lt Gav »

It was a good job I was driving an American tank though Stinky. If I'd been in the British Churchill, I wouldn't have got there in time!! :lol:
I think the British Churchill crew keep stopping for tea & crumpets