FTB Server

Play Minecraft? [JiF]Mike has a server that he plays on with friends and family. Stop by and visit if you play.
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

FTB Server

Post by [JiF]Mike »

ReignHD talked to me about a mod for Minecraft called Feed The Beast or "FTB" This server is a "server the does not exist" and so has a low max player count. If any of ya are brave enough to try out Minecraft this is a great mod. There is so much that you can do with it, I've been having a great time learning all the new stuff.

You can grab the mod from http://www.feed-the-beast.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; but you will still need to buy Minecraft to play. Which is about $25. We are playing the Unleashed version of FTB on v1.1.2. You can choose which version you play in the launcher by selecting Unleashed on the left, and then change the drop down on the right from "Recommended" to "1.1.2" in the upper middle part of the window. Launch the game and you can add the server under Multiplayer. The info is below.

Server IP: 65.175.137.140

Would be wonderful to get a few more people playing. :roll:
ImageImage
[JiF]ALargeWoodenBadger
Forum User

Re: FTB Server

Post by [JiF]ALargeWoodenBadger »

Mike what have you done??? I have a kid beside me dancing and yelling "quick Dad get the mod. Get the mod!!!!" (man I am soooo lost)
"Oh god, I've never been so happy to be beaten up by a woman"
Captain Zapp Brannigan
[JiF]MiniBadger
Forum User

Post by [JiF]MiniBadger »

trying to download all of the stuff

coming tonight
Hello there
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

There's a nice launcher that installs everything for you. If I spent some time trying to figure out how to upgrade the server to the latest version, it would be really simple lol. I saw he made it on though, he took credit for it himself though. ;) lol
ImageImage
[JiF]ALargeWoodenBadger
Forum User

[JiF]Mike wrote:... I saw he made it on though, he took credit for it himself though. ;) lol
I guess in a way he did. The launcher would not have been downloaded and installed without him issuing the right orders. Management potential. :lol:
Captain Zapp Brannigan
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

I have updated the server to 1.1.4 and enabled the Enchanting Plus mod.

In the launcher you will want to choose the 1.1.4 release for the Unleashed mod. Then click the "Edit Mod" button. Listed on the right are the disabled mods, find and enable the Enchanted Plus mod. You will need to do this after you update to 1.1.4.

So, change version to 1.1.4 and hit "Launch" wait for download and game to start. Exit game, and open launcher again. Edit the mod to enable Enchanted Plus, then launch, join and play.
ImageImage
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

Two more mods have been enabled:

Reliquary
Power Converters

Enable them in the launcher as before and you'll be able to join.
ImageImage
[JiF]ALargeWoodenBadger
Forum User

Hi Mike,

Thank you for setting up this server.

I'll let Mini (AKA the Preferator, AKA Go To bed) know tomorrow. Do you and ReignHD use Teamspeak or Skype while you play? Does Mini (AKA He who shall not be bathed) still join you? I've been so tied up with other business I've not been able to sit with the little stinker (AKA What the heck are you still doing up?) as much as I use to and I want to make sure he has a safe environment in which to play.

As you know I put together a small server for Monkeybutt (AKA OMG! what's that smell? AKA Don't open that door! ... Mommy and Daddy are just talking!) and he (AKA Did you do your homework?) generally hosts a few school chums whom he can lord over, so a least there he (AKA Don't believe what the kids at school say. Babies come from the same place as everything else... Ebay) is safe. Every time I get home he (AKA Ask your mother) has found a new mod he (AKA I said ask your mother!) absolutely must have. I don't know where he (AKA pull my finger) got it from but he (AKA why would monsters live under your bed when you have a perfectly good closet?) seems to think he (AKA There's five bucks in it if you don't tell your Mom) has the right to control the world. Still it’s important to direct him (AKA Pants? We don’t need no stinkin pants!) to environments where Mini (AKA I don’t care what the Jiffers say … Doughnuts are not a food group) has to behave less like a dictator and more like a dictator in training.

(Recently one of the kids installed Minecraft Sex mod and insisted on explaining the facts of life to all the kids playing. When I realized he didn’t get a single fact right I was greatly relieved. After all who wants cubic grandchildren? )
Captain Zapp Brannigan
[JiF]major confusion
Forum User

Post by [JiF]major confusion »

:hah:

-- Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:32 pm --

:hah:
"You can't say civilization isn't advancing; in every war they kill you in a new way."
Will Rogers
Image[url=steam://friends/add/'.76561198080391609.']Image[/url]
[JiF]ALargeWoodenBadger
Forum User

I was just informed that it was the Child mod not the Sex mod (duh) that started the whole "how babies are made" discussion on Skype. The discussion involved an eight year old (the most knowledgeable since a friend at school had told him about it) an eleven year old (Mini - who felt the whole thing was icky) and a twelve year old (not so certain about it being icky). As I listened in on how "it" was done from the point of view of an eight year old, I had to agree it did sound kind of icky.

P.S. Mini requests that the FTB server NEVER features the Child mod. (icky)
Captain Zapp Brannigan
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

lol

I have only enabled mods that were included in the Unleashed pack, but disabled by default. Funny story though. :thumbup:
ImageImage