Minecraft

Play Minecraft? [JiF]Mike has a server that he plays on with friends and family. Stop by and visit if you play.
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Minecraft

Post by [JiF]Mike »

My 8 year old son has been obsessed with Minecraft the past few months. Yesterday afternoon I decided to see what is was all about on my XBox. He plays it at my parents house on their XBox, so I bought the full version and ran through the tutorial. I thought, meh, it's fun I guess. I can see why he'd be into it. So then I tried the actual game, and before I knew what was happening it was 1AM! lol

Anyone else play?
ImageImage
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Re: Minecraft

Post by [JiF]Mike »

Well if anyone does play, or is interested.... I can see why some people compared DayZ to Minecraft....

I got a cheap 8 person server so the family can play. 6 or us will probably play, I can always up the max players if others are interested.

IP is 66.55.158.66:25645

ImageImage
[JiF]MiniBadger
Forum User

Post by [JiF]MiniBadger »

I wuv it, im into redstone!
i have my own server too!!! :D

-- Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:15 pm --

PS, your server is not working, I'm guessing the server is off
please help explain how good the game is to the others :D

-- Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:20 pm --

PPPPPPPPPPS my address seems to change... but for now its 99.251.122.15 its not up at this exact moment :(
-
Hello there
[JiF]ALargeWoodenBadger
Forum User

Post by [JiF]ALargeWoodenBadger »

[JiF]MiniBadger wrote:I wuv it, im into redstone!
i have my own server too!!! :D
=sigh=

Server up and running, Day 1. Dad I absolutely have to have a new plugin installed on my server, I promised Jordon and Lucas I'd have "Tim the Enchanter" running by 5 and it's 4:50 already, Dad I absolutely have to have a new plugin installed on my server, I promised Jordon and Lucas I'd have "Essentials" running by 6 and it's 5:50 already,
Dad I absolutely have to have a new plugin installed on my server, I promised Jordon and Lucas I'd have "Factions" running by 7 and it's 6:50 already...

Server up and running, Day 2. Dad I absolutely have to have a new plugin installed on my server...

It is now Day 12, I've lost the will to live.
[JiF]MiniBadger wrote: PS, your server is not working, I'm guessing the server is off
please help explain how good the game is to the others :D
Translation: Please join me on my server where I am lord and master of all I survey. Bring minions!
[JiF]MiniBadger wrote:PPPPPPPPPPS my address seems to change... but for now its 99.251.122.15 its not up at this exact moment :(
-
matthewcraft.no-ip.org
(I use no-ip to resolve- seems to work OK. It only runs when someone has been good so ... not that often)
"Oh god, I've never been so happy to be beaten up by a woman"
Captain Zapp Brannigan
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

lol!

Mini the server was running when you posted cause we were playing on it! lol

Are you sure you used the right address? I'm guessing you didn't..since I didn't type it correctly! I'll change the post, but it's right in the banner. :roll:
ImageImage
[JiF]MiniBadger
Forum User

Did you like what I did to da place? and my friends village, and my iron base?

I will be on soon

plz reply kuz aye am yore bigezt faun
(just what i see on every minecraft video ever)

-- Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:02 pm --

Oh and will be on tonight, i hope you can! :D

try this for science ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------> matthewcraft.no-ip.org

AND Jacobbugman and Jacobrandom8 are my friends on it, I might have to introduce you ;)
Hello there
[JiF]ALargeWoodenBadger
Forum User

Hi Mike,

I only turn on the Dynamic Client when the "mini the server" is running so the address is not always current.

I should post a picture of the server since it is the ugliest piece of hardware ever created. I built it out of a laptop that had taken a tumble down a flight of stairs then pick itself up and threw itself down another set where a cat used it like an inflatable love doll. I managed to salvage the motherboard, RAM and Harddrive (screen, keyboard, and DVD were toast. The heatskink was twisted so bad the fan was permanently trapped - it looked liked it was designed by Picasso while on an acid trip) and then pressed the whole thing between two raggedy pieces of Plexiglas - making generous use of duct tape and foul language.

I hooked the mobo-sandwich up to a 19" CRT I picked up at a garage sale for $0 and an USB keyboard missing a couple of the lesser vowel keys. Add an optical mouse suffering from narcolepsy and you have the Ultimate Mine-craft Server! Enjoy.
Captain Zapp Brannigan
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

LOL, as always a fun post to read!

My server is hosted by the same place as the 42 server. Haven't had any trouble yet.... Someday I'll figure out the admin stuff...maybe.
ImageImage
[JiF]MiniBadger
Forum User

Mike, nice to play with you, want to survive together or do pvp?
Hello there
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

Mini, I finally got the per world permissions working (I think). Some worldedit commands should be available in the creative world now. There's an extensive list though, so if you are missing something you need let me know.
ImageImage
[JiF]MiniBadger
Forum User

thank you

huk
Hello there
[JiF]ALargeWoodenBadger
Forum User

[JiF]Mike wrote:Mini ... if you are missing something you need let me know.
At some point each and every one of us must ask ourselves: what do I intend to do with the rest of my life? Mike, you may not have deliberately asked yourself this question but you may have posted the answer. Your life is now committed.

I supposed there are more complex and hazardous things you could choose to do with your life. You could climb Mount Everest wearing only bunny slippers and a hairshirt or you might jump out of an airplane to test if 'maxipads with wings' really work. No, not wishing to take the easy way you have chosen neither of these things.

Robert Frost called this 'The Road Not Taken.'

I think I can speak for all Jiffers when I say we shall all miss you as you pursue your new life's calling or should I say as your calling pursues you.

[JiF]Mike I salute you.
Captain Zapp Brannigan
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

lol badger.

I've been noticing some performance issues with the server. Seems like there's more lag and rubber banding lately. I contacted the host and their moving me to another server. They suggested I back up the files from the old server, so I don't think this will be an easy move, but I think it's necessary. I've taken the server down until the move is complete. Will post the new IP when I know it.
ImageImage
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

Finally got them to move it. New IP is 208.167.250.109:25675
ImageImage
[JiF]ALargeWoodenBadger
Forum User

Thank you Mike,
Mini has noted the new IP and will be descending upon you soon. (Beware the winged Mini and his minions of doom!)
Captain Zapp Brannigan