Just another day in Wow, punting marmots

A place for us to talk about World of Warcraft.
[JiF]Uncle Stinky
Forum User

Just another day in Wow, punting marmots

Post by [JiF]Uncle Stinky »

They added a lot of cool things in Pandaria, but none as cool as the puntable marmot. As one poster put it, "virtual animal cruelty at its finest." And of course, the gnomes all heaved a sigh of relief.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZAubcrmhKo[/video]
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Re: Just another day in Wow, punting marmots

Post by [JiF]Mike »

With you getting back into WoW, plus our recent trip to MA and seeing our nephews still playing, the family is back to playing WoW. lol It's been over a year since I last played with any excitement, and my wife hasn't played since TBC. We're all enjoying it again, which is really nice. :thumbup: I haven't seen those things yet though, where are they?
ImageImage
[JiF]Uncle Stinky
Forum User

I believe they are in Pandaria, which is level 85+.

The Monk is a blast to play - they can do a little bit of everyhitng, so are perefect for PvE leveling.
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

I leveled a monk to 20 in 6 hours the other day. Remember when lvl 20 took a week of dedicated play? :roll: I suppose I could have left off the 6 heirlooms..but whatever! :D

I've started leveling my mage to 90. Took me a while to figure how to get to the new continent. I liked the machine gunning and missile launching at the horde. Need more of that! After that little event I start to take on the mobs and died consistently until I went and read how to play again lol! I was happy no one else was around! Now I'm really enjoying blowing people up and burning them down as a fire mage. I think it's always been my favorite, just never really was the "best" spec back in the day. I'm too chicken to play my holy priest. I think I'll DPS for a while and learn the game before I go down the road of main healer again. I really like healing, but it's more stress than I want in a game right now.

What server are you on? I wonder if we can do any cross realm stuff? I'm on Arygos and my Battletag is Volt#1619
ImageImage
[JiF]Uncle Stinky
Forum User

I'm mainly playing on Kul Tiras these days, as Alliance. I have some Horde toons on Tanaris, but may load one of them up with all my gold, good mats and heirloom gear and switch him to KT.

The monk really rocks - have you gotten to the Zen Pilgrimage stage yet? It's a daily you can instantly teleport to that gives you one hour of +50% XP boost. Also, make sure you check out ALL the vendors at the Zen Piligrimage site, as I initially missed the one selling the hand wraps (good for my DPS Windwalker spec).

Another nice thing they did was to make some heirloom gear available from guild vendors. It's a good reason to join a guild, and there are some other guild-wide perks as well.

In Pandaria, they have these things called world bosses that are huge and take 40+ people to take down. There aren't instanced, so if you are nearby and get so much as a few hits in, you might score some really good gear. They have also added farming as a kind of profession/daily, so you can grow some mats you need.

-- Fri May 17, 2013 10:29 am --

Oh yeah, my Battletag is Unclestinky#1521.