Free Camping Weekend

A place to talk about any Non-Political topics that are on your mind. Keep it clean please.
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Free Camping Weekend

Post by [JiF]Mike »

Anyone else like camping? I'm putting together a free camping weekend at our house in NH the last weekend in July, Friday to Monday. We figure we can handle 15-20 tent sites on our land. We're inviting friends and family, and wanna try to make this a yearly thing. I know many of you live way to far away, but if anyone is interested let me know and I'll be sure to get you an invite with more details. (The invites will be going out using Facebook.) We usually camp a few times a year, typically as a big group! We have always gone to camp sites, but last year someone had the idea of doing it at our house since we have the space. So come join us for our first annual free camping weekend! :viva:
ImageImage
[JiF]Uncle Stinky
Forum User

Re: Free Camping Weekend

Post by [JiF]Uncle Stinky »

So you're saying on your server, camping IS allowed?
[JiF]FrenchAfroman
Forum User

Post by [JiF]FrenchAfroman »

Main base camping, i know we've discussed that problem before
If we make prisons a living hell for them, then we might just be sending out devils once they are released. Cruel methods to achieve discipline are a thing of the past! So, keep on dancing! Byron F. Garcia.
[JiF]major confusion
Forum User

Post by [JiF]major confusion »

[JiF]FrenchAfroman wrote:Main base camping, i know we've discussed that problem before
:hah:
"You can't say civilization isn't advancing; in every war they kill you in a new way."
Will Rogers
Image[url=steam://friends/add/'.76561198080391609.']Image[/url]
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Post by [JiF]zougathefist »

can I bring my tank? I promise not to enter the base, I'll just sit on a hill and shell you
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal!
-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula

[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

How did I not see these replies coming! :lol:
ImageImage
[JiF]ALargeWoodenBadger
Forum User

Post by [JiF]ALargeWoodenBadger »

I showed this post to Mini and he pulled up a route planner showing that it is only 1030km to New Hampshire. He would dearly love to visit but I had to break the news to him that it isn’t in the cards.

"Matthew, 1030km is over 10 and 1/2 hours of straight driving assuming no delays or stops!"
"Dad, were talking about the US so it's only 640 miles ... and that's a lot closer. Plus I’ll bring my tablet so I won’t get bored"
"You getting bored really isn’t the issue. Plus we don't have passports."
"Dad, you’re a politician. The government will give you as many as you want."
"Matthew being a politician is akin to committing a criminal offense. I think that bars me from international travel."
"We're not talking international travel - it's the US and Mom’s an American so they can't stop us."
"Matthew your mother left the US 40 years ago and hasn't renewed her passport since the Nixon years. Plus she has learned to end every sentence with the word "eh" and say things like "enough snow for ya" and "shoot the puck." Have you ever watched her chug beer? It's a thing of beauty. My god kid she carries Duct Tape in her purse! So I think that makes her one of us – eh!"
"Who's Nixon?"
"Matthew if we took your mother over the border they'd arrest her for treason - you know she thinks football only has three downs? All teams are named the Rough Riders and cheerleaders look good in their flannel lined jeans, rubber boots and over-sized lumberjack shirts. (Especially those Rough Rider cheerleaders! man those girls don't even wear toques. Meow!) She can say the word "liberal" without feeling the need to hawk a loogie. She knows the words to the first three lines of "Oh Canada" (which is more then the rest of us can say.)
Sure she still can't find Europe on a world map and can't understand why there isn't a daily ferry between San Diego and Hawaii… and yes she gets the shakes every time we pass a sign that says "all day breakfast" or “all you can eat buffet” (God forbid they be on the same sign) but that doesn't make her American.”
“No but her birth certificate…”
“Isn’t worth the parchment it’s written on, as of last year everyone entering the US must hold a valid passport.”
“What’s parchment?”
“It’s what we used before we invented paper”
“What’s paper?”
“It’s what we used before we invented computers”
“Oh”
“You know what? You’re making me feel old - this conversation is over…”
“You mean “older” and what’s a conversation?”
“Its how we used to communicate before texting”
“Oh”
“GNST Matthew ILU”
“GN Dad JSYK ILU2”
“Kewl”
"Oh god, I've never been so happy to be beaten up by a woman"
Captain Zapp Brannigan
[JiF][AARP]Tissueman

Post by [JiF][AARP]Tissueman »

I think Matthew should hold out for Lunch with Tissue. I'll be sure to send a personal invite.

Tissue
:)
Ensuring the security of Western Democracy through superior tissue products.
[JiF]zougathefist
Forum User

Post by [JiF]zougathefist »

GNST....= Good Night Stop Talking?
He who fights with Monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you
-Nietzsche

Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal!
-Tolstoy

Oderint Dum Metuant
-Caligula

[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

:clap:
ImageImage
[JiF]ALargeWoodenBadger
Forum User

Post by [JiF]ALargeWoodenBadger »

LOL Mike. Now that is Interesting!

Why is it when I sit down to write something like "Camping sounds fun, I wish we lived closer so we could join you" and out comes two pages of ... ?that?

The other night in a council meeting a proposal to use dogs to chase unwanted geese out of the park was brought forward and one of the Councillors said..."dogs are great and all, but I don't think we'll truly solve this problem without shotguns" I immediately answered "surely your not proposing we arm the dogs?" Unfortunately I forgot I was on TV so its all I've heard about since Monday. =sigh= So I guess its not just when I write.

Anyhow (here I go) ...Camping sounds fun, I wish we lived closer so we could join you. I must admit I get jealous when I read the postings of lunch with Tissue, camping with Mike or spankings with Smuckers and realize its simply too far away to join. I am however hoping to have beers with Phantom (August in Ottawa) so if anyone lives nearby let us know and maybe we can all meet.
"Oh god, I've never been so happy to be beaten up by a woman"
Captain Zapp Brannigan
[JiF]Smuckers
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Smuckers »

Spankings?
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Post by [JiF][AARP]Grimp »

I was thinking about it, but now I am getting a little scared, but if the Badgers can make it I would make it at least a day trip for sure :)
Might come up for the day even without the Badgers though, but too early to tell. My camping days are over I think. What town you near Mike?
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

I live in Franklin. Are you on Facebook? I can send you the invite so you can keep up with details. There aren't too many yet other than the date really lol. We're trying to plan early so people can make arrangements.

This is me: https://www.facebook.com/michael.lard" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Anyone here can request we be friends, just send me a message so I know who you are, otherwise I'll just let it sit in my friend request list! :)

I hope I don't regret putting this out there. ;)
ImageImage
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Post by [JiF][AARP]Grimp »

Facebook is evil. I don't have an account :) Probably never will.

Couple hour drive. Easy day trip. I think Franklin is where we put our canoes in the Merrimac for our Geocaching trip a few years ago.
I will just have to wait and see what is coming up in July staying very noncommittal :)