Host change

Someday when the standalone version is released we will get another server. Details will be posted here!
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Host change

Post by [JiF]Mike »

Not real impressed with the level of support I have recieved from the current host. For instance, the Heli crash sites are still broken. When I submitted a reply to the ticket I opened a week ago about it, they said they would start looking at a solution..which is what they told me last week!

I found one that looks very promising, they specialize in DayZ servers only. I don't think I will be able to copy the database though....
ImageImage
[JiF]FrenchAfroman
Forum User

Re: Host change

Post by [JiF]FrenchAfroman »

what ever grimp is like a squirrel, he is horting as much as he can and when the snow melts he has forgotten where he hid half his stuff.
If we make prisons a living hell for them, then we might just be sending out devils once they are released. Cruel methods to achieve discipline are a thing of the past! So, keep on dancing! Byron F. Garcia.
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

LOL!

Well I've talked to them and they think I can copy some of the data at least. They are $10/mo cheaper and allow 50 players. I'm not really sure why I wouldn't go for it. I did look at this host before, but they didn't have servers available on the east coast. They've added more now, so I got one.

I'm home today nursing a knee injury so I'll start working on it. See if I can move anything over.
ImageImage
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Post by [JiF][AARP]Grimp »

OMG. my stuff, my stuff... What am I gonna do for next winter!!! I better hurry and get more stuff :)
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

Just learned how to add an apache to the new server lol. I was able to get in and turn on the engine, but didn't dare fly it being on my laptop. Looked like everything worked. Will have to jump in when I get home and give it a real try lol.

I also copied all players to the new server. When I spawned in I was in the normal spawn area, but I had most of my gear. I was missing the front inventory, but had everything in my backpack, my main weapon, pistol, and tools. Just lost my ammo and other misc stuff. It worked though, even carried over my score and such.

I asked about the Epoch mod and they are looking at supporting it "soon"
ImageImage
[JiF]FrenchAfroman
Forum User

Post by [JiF]FrenchAfroman »

i spawned in, had all my gear but it might have been the normal old server, if the new one has a new ip.

we def need more choppers, cause on the old one we started up if think about 10-15 choppers but i havent been able to find one in the last 7 days. since i crashed mine
If we make prisons a living hell for them, then we might just be sending out devils once they are released. Cruel methods to achieve discipline are a thing of the past! So, keep on dancing! Byron F. Garcia.
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

Both servers are running. You can search for [JiF] in DayZ Commander and it will come up. The new one has a max of 50 players, old one 40.
ImageImage
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

lol, it works! Although weapon animations aren't working they are still lethal! lol
Attachments
arma2oa 2013-04-25 17-43-17-21.jpg
ImageImage
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

So I can grab all my stuff off the old server and fly it to the new one :)

Tried again to play EPOCH today, but kept getting distracted. Finally someone killed me when I was AFK. I should have just quit out. Sorry Frenchy for not getting around to meeting up. I finally had to just shut down for the day :(
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

we def need more choppers, cause on the old one we started up if think about 10-15 choppers but i havent been able to find one in the last 7 days. since i crashed mine
I have them all!!!

Actually IMO having too much stuff on the server is not always a good thing. Changes the game. I like to scrounge and hide like a rat. In the old days (6 months ago) you had to work pretty hard to get a vehicle. We would walk for 16,000 meters in the snow just to find a tire. If you happened to get a chopper it was like you won the game ;) Of course you would be shot down immediately.
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

I ran across a heli crash site on the new server, and found loot. I don't know what the problem is with the other server....
ImageImage
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Getting booted tonight before getting into the game. Boots me from the lobby.
[JiF][AARP]Grimp

Got in on about the 4th attempt. Did you know side chat is not on?