DayZ Server Issues

Someday when the standalone version is released we will get another server. Details will be posted here!
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

DayZ Server Issues

Post by [JiF]Mike »

This topic is for discovered issues with the server. I want to have a list so as I research them I can tell you what I find. Some problems can be worked around, others we'll just have to live with.... If you find any problems that aren't listed here please post so I can add them to the list.

New server list:
1)Need to add heli lift

(old server)
Problem 1) When spawning into the game player spawns as though in water.
Info Found) According to the release notes, this was supposed to be fixed in the 2.0 version of Taviana map.
Solution) Read reports of server restarts fixing this problem temporarily. Set server to restart every 6 hours at 12 and 6. Still researching...
Work Around) Move twards a terrain change, or near a wall and you should start walking. If you're on a hill move uphill, you should start walking again.

Problem 2) Front inventory sometimes disappears when spawning
Info Found) nothing yet
Solution) Try to avoid exiting the game and getting right back in. Give it 1-2 minutes or so before you connect again. If you come back in too fast the database might not get updated properly, causing you to lose stuff out of your inventory. Still looking for solution.
Work Around) Contact an admin (Mike) with a list of important stuff ya lost.

Problem 3)Kick for various script errors.
Info Found) The script files are not written for DayZ specifically so they need to be tweaked. Please report The error # you get and any message so I can look into it.
Solution)Manually edit the files to resolve the errors.
Work Around) Report it!
(/old server)

Problem X)
Info Found)
Solution)
Work Around)
ImageImage