Office pranks

A place to talk about any Non-Political topics that are on your mind. Keep it clean please.
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Office pranks

Post by [JiF]Mike »

April 1st is right around the corner. Anyone have any plans? I have a co-worker in mind for a prank, have a couple ideas but always looking for more. I thought maybe this crazy bunch would have some different ideas. lol

I'd love to do this. Considering the umm...average age of employees where I work, it's probably best I find something else!

I'm thinking about the old classic, the desk and work area wrapped in foil. :D
ImageImage
[JiF]Gib
Forum User

Re: Office pranks

Post by [JiF]Gib »

awsome!

One I did to an old boss who liked to prank as well was...

When they get back from lunch tell them Myra Manes called and give them the number for a mortuary or the morgue...they usually dont get it until they ask for my remains...

;)
[JiF]Brick
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Brick »

[JiF]Gib wrote:awsome!

When they get back from lunch tell them Myra Manes called and give them the number for a mortuary or the morgue...they usually dont get it until they ask for my remains...
;)
Kinda like calling the bar and asking the female that answers to yell "Is Mike Hunt here"?
Then there's always the name sign in of "Heywood Jablowme" :)
Last edited by [JiF]Brick on Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

[JiF]Gib wrote:awsome!

;)
Lol! That is pretty funny, but considering I work for a Hospice agency, I should probably skip that one too. :P
ImageImage
[JiF]KellysHero
Forum User

Post by [JiF]KellysHero »

Did these to a buddy while he was off on his honeymoon.

At the office, we switched the keys on a buddy's keyboard. They weren't major changes, just switching the "M" and "N" keys, the number pad to look like a phone keypad, etc... He was nearly locked out from inputting in the wrong password as he was hunting and pecking and kept hitting the wrong keys. He only caught on when he checked his laptop keyboard which we hadn't had access to.

Also took all his books and turned them around so the binding was on the inside. Hung TP from the ceiling tiles.

At his house...
Sowed bells to the bottom of his bed.
Changed the name on his mailbox to her last name.
Gave a gift of diapers as a wedding present, unsigned but in a woman's hand writing...she assumed it was from her mother in law.

I know there were other things, but that's all I can remember for now.

A year or so later another friend was getting married, the same couple that helped decorate the above, and the bride to be was so worried about the potential for revenge. We started discussing, in their presence, all sorts of new and ingenious pranks to pull when they were gone, and did none of them. Figured the worry was torture enough!
You've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?
[JiF]phantomx
Forum User

Post by [JiF]phantomx »

I took a screen shot of my co-workers desktop, made it the background then hid his icons. After two calls to the helpdesk to why his left mouse button wasn't working I had to tell him what I had done.
[JiF]major confusion
Forum User

Post by [JiF]major confusion »

You guys are cruel. I love it!
I wish I had a job to go to so I could do some. Been off for 9 months. Michigan's economy SUCKS!
"You can't say civilization isn't advancing; in every war they kill you in a new way."
Will Rogers
Image[url=steam://friends/add/'.76561198080391609.']Image[/url]
[JiF][AARP]Tissueman

Post by [JiF][AARP]Tissueman »

[JiF]KellysHero wrote:A year or so later another friend was getting married, the same couple that helped decorate the above, and the bride to be was so worried about the potential for revenge. We started discussing, in their presence, all sorts of new and ingenious pranks to pull when they were gone, and did none of them. Figured the worry was torture enough!
I had a guy do something to me. In retaliation I did nothing. I know it drove him crazy waiting for me to do something. People kept asking what I was going to do to him. I would tell them I was doing nothing. Nobody believed me, but it was the easiest 'prank' I ever pulled on anyone. I did 'nothing'.
Ensuring the security of Western Democracy through superior tissue products.
[JiF]ALargeWoodenBadger
Forum User

Post by [JiF]ALargeWoodenBadger »

[JiF]Mike wrote:April 1st is right around the corner. Anyone have any plans? I have a co-worker in mind for a prank, have a couple ideas but always looking for more. I thought maybe this crazy bunch would have some different ideas. lol

I'd love to do this. Considering the umm...average age of employees where I work, it's probably best I find something else!

I'm thinking about the old classic, the desk and work area wrapped in foil. :D
That is very similar to a joke I played on my boss. It was, frankly, the meanest joke I ever played. She was a very large overbearing creature (we hated each other. I disliked her because she was mean, arbitrary and vindictive. She didn't like me because I have a penis and reminded her of every man who ever betrayed her, which apparently was every man she ever met which apparently every man who ever lived) She use to set her chair to the highest setting in order to appear larger and more intimidating. She had two low stools placed in front of her desk for so she could look down on those she called before her. Every one in the office lived in fear of being made to sit on the stools. Most of the time she would sarcastically berate people for their penmanship or appearance. It didn't matter how hard you worked something was always wrong and worthy of her special scorn.

It took me hours but I managed to rig her chair to sink at a rate of about 1 inch per hour. I used fishing line and duct tape to stop the lever controlling the height of the chair from fully closing. The chair functioned but would slowly sink as soon as you put weight on it. It sank slow enough that the person using the chair couldn't feel the change and usually didn't notice until their chin was even with the desktop. If you pulled the lever to increase the height it would work perfectly but the sinking would start again as soon as you put weight on it. I knew my boss would not report the chair to maintenance for fear they would make fun of her weight (they did anyhow but it was not my doing). It took her days to catch on that her seat was to blame for her loss of stature but during that period on more then one occasion she had called a potential victim to her office and sat them on the stools only to find herself looking up at them. This usually left her flustered enough to make her forget about why she had called you in while she fumbled to regain her height and authority. This went on for some time before she swapped chairs with one of the accountants. That night I moved my rig and the game continued.

She seemed utterly confused when I taught the office girls the words to the Lollipop Guild and Follow the Yellow Brick Road and made them sing in their best munchkin voices. She certainly didn't like the good humor that the staff were enjoying but could think of a reason to stop us.

Fortunately/unfortunately I was promoted out of that job before I was discovered. I removed the rigging before I left so no one else could be blamed for the stunt. It was getting way too much attention and would have eventually blown up in my face so I got lucky. Still, every now and then, when I'm feeling down, I think about my big mean boss peering up from behind her desk and trying to tell me off for wearing too casual a tie. That cheers me up enough to whistle a little Lollipop Guild and get through the day.
"Oh god, I've never been so happy to be beaten up by a woman"
Captain Zapp Brannigan
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

So do you have designs for this genius, slowly descending chair device? I could throw that in as well. My "target" is a bit short so her chair is always up high. She isn't anyone boss though, it would just be funny as hell if it took her a few days to figure out what was going on lol!
ImageImage
[JiF]ALargeWoodenBadger
Forum User

Post by [JiF]ALargeWoodenBadger »

Nah. It was just a hit and miss thing. The chair was the kind when you pull on a lever it would spring to up to full height while making a sort of hissing noise, I tied a loop of line around the handle and increased tension pulling up the handle until it performed the way I wanted to. Then I tapped a little block under the handle so it couldn't fall back into the locked position. The difference between locked and fully open is so small I thought it would never work. So I spent a good couple of hours increasing the tension on my fishing line then sitting on the chair to test it. I doubt I'd have the patience or alcohol required to do this today but of course back then I was more motivated.
"Oh god, I've never been so happy to be beaten up by a woman"
Captain Zapp Brannigan
[JiF][AARP]Tissueman

Post by [JiF][AARP]Tissueman »

Badger continues to amaze me. In my younger days I got a bike horn - the kind you pump to honk - and took it apart. I got some plastic tubing and ran it in the space above the acoustic tiles in my office to three offices over and carefully placed it over a colleagues desk. I connected the horn part to that end and the rubber bulb to the end in my office. When my colleague had a meeting I'd randomly honk the horn. He never did figure out where the noise was coming from.

Another time I stole my the desk of my supervisor's supervisor. I was moving my desk from one end of the plant to the other. When I brought the desk mover back, his office was empty. His secretary was in the next office which had a connecting door. I very carefully took his desk and moved it to a conference room without her noticing. He came back and asked his secretary where his desk was. She didn't know it was missing. He got very upset and told her that he had a meeting in 15 minutes and she had better find his desk. He walked away and left her standing in his office door with a puzzled look. About that time I wheeled back in with his desk. I looked at her and said "I just found this desk in a conference room." I replaced the desk without another word and took the desk mover back to the storage area. The look on her face was priceless.

Another time I loosened some screws on the back of the center desk drawer of a colleague. I hooked rubber bands to the screws and then anchored them to the desk. So when you opened the desk drawer it would come out about three inches then snap back.

Ah the simple pleasures in life.
Ensuring the security of Western Democracy through superior tissue products.